I may be in love... with a certain software.

s.cummings

exploring life - one word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
medium.com
Okay, so I started playing around with Photoshop last night. Holy crap! I got my buddy to give me a run down, and show me how he created some of his stuff. This program is insane! I am in love, but overwhelmed with everything that it is!

My goal in starting to use it was to do graphic design for my books, covers, maps, etc. But now, I think I might just leave my family and become a hermit and play with cool tools. Just kidding, but seriously it's awesome!

Sorry, if I bored you, but you clicked on the thread so it's your fault :D;)

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Not a problem. I may have started writing because I was bored. =)

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Graphics programs... too addictive for their own good.

I'd suggest investing in a good Wacom tablet - even the entry-level Bamboo. There are other tablets out there, but they're just "other tablets." And, no, touchscreens aren't quite there yet. Pressure sensitivity + graphics programs = Great Things Become Possible. (That, plus they're a good alternative to mice if you have wrist issues...)

s.cummings

exploring life - one word at a time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
medium.com
Ahhhh, so that's what they're calling it now. :tongue

haha, yup ;)

Graphics programs... too addictive for their own good.

I'd suggest investing in a good Wacom tablet - even the entry-level Bamboo. There are other tablets out there, but they're just "other tablets." And, no, touchscreens aren't quite there yet. Pressure sensitivity + graphics programs = Great Things Become Possible. (That, plus they're a good alternative to mice if you have wrist issues...)

Ya, just bought a new laptop today, so I will let the wife calm down about that before I go buying a tablet hehe

Mellanah

Registered
Reaction score
I love Photoshop. I was playing with adding a new background to a drab picture for my Twitter profile just this morning. So much fun!