PDA

View Full Version : Oops, Almost Forgot - Things I Hate About March...

Lavern08
03-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Unpredictable weather and just the thought of green beer. :tongue

GingerGunlock
03-02-2014, 01:48 AM
It isn't spring yet and I could just cry.

And yeah, who came up with green beer? Ugh.

Arcadia Divine
03-02-2014, 01:52 AM
Celebrating my birthday on the Boston massacre! Granted it's a couple years in the future but the thought is the same.

Brightdreamer
03-02-2014, 03:47 AM
Losing an hour.

(I know I get it back in the fall, but it's all wrinkled up and smells funny by then...)

Tamlyn
03-02-2014, 01:27 PM
I like March. March is a pretty cool month.

Er... I'm not very good at this, obviously.

J.S.F.
03-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Things I like about March.
My wife's birthday is in March. She'll be...a lot younger than me this month.:D
Twisted is being released this month. (March 7th, to be precise). Sorry, just had to get a shill in.
The weather gets warmer day by day.

Things I hate about March.
It's still cold in the morning.
Sick people are still woofing, horking, and hacking all over the place.
I'm broke.

In for April!

Ona Mission
03-02-2014, 05:26 PM
My son's turning twenty-one in a couple days. TWENTY-ONE!

*hangs head*
*makes mental note to get more hair color*

Weather. Always too cold.

Heating costs. Feb-May supply the most expensive electric bills of the year. It's hard to breathe under the weight of 4$$+ bills.

DeleyanLee
03-02-2014, 07:08 PM
The last snow storm of the season (happening right now--I hope). I'm SO sick of winter this year.

Six Alaric
03-02-2014, 07:12 PM
It's an empty month. There's nothing to hate. I hate the nothing. (Are you hating anything if you hate nothing?)

Just going to second, third, possibly fourth the weather. Too unpredictable for my liking. Drizzle most days, but then you get the odd blast of warmth and sunshine; makes it so hard to plan the days. Rain or dry up, you silly sky.

Helix
03-02-2014, 07:12 PM
Well, it's late Wet Season, but there are still cyclones about. That's more annoying than hate-worthy, though.

shakeysix
03-02-2014, 07:29 PM
More lions than lambs!

stormie
03-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Yep. As I sit here looking out at a gloomy day, waiting for the artic blast and 6+ inches of snow, I hate the unpredictabilty of the weather in NJ in March. The trees are still bare of leaves, only a few crocuses will pop up, and the month lasts until the 31st.

Ugh.

And this from a person whose user name is stormie.

Arcadia Divine
03-02-2014, 07:53 PM
Celebrating my birthday on the Boston massacre! Granted it's a couple years in the future but the thought is the same.

Wait I misread the title. I thought it was something we loved about march! I enjoy telling people that because it really gets people thinking! lol

Snowstorm
03-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Losing an hour.

(I know I get it back in the fall, but it's all wrinkled up and smells funny by then...)

I was going to answer "nothing!" until I read Brightdreamer's response. Yup, that's about it for what I hate about March.

heyjude
03-03-2014, 04:04 AM
I love most of March, but getting ready for Easter is... busy. This is my busiest time of the year.

Crazy busy.

Eep.

Stlight
03-03-2014, 06:32 AM
March is the month where you keep putting off getting your tax stuff together until it's late unless you can't deal with the guilt for procrastinating and really really annoying Lavern and Mummsy and their fellow accountant types

Mellanah
03-03-2014, 06:58 AM
False Spring! You get all excited because it seems to be warming up, then BAM! Have an ice storm with snow sprinkled on top. :)

Arcadia Divine
03-03-2014, 08:15 AM
False Spring! You get all excited because it seems to be warming up, then BAM! Have an ice storm with snow sprinkled on top. :)

I know the feeling. It's supposed to be 60 degrees today but it ended up being more like 20 below.

Robbert
03-03-2014, 06:01 PM
My son's turning twenty-two in a couple of days. TWENTY-TWO!

*hangs head*
*makes mental note to get more hair dye*

Weather: still bearable, in fact, in Morocco March is a very pleasant month.

Heating costs: none.

vagough
03-04-2014, 04:37 PM
1. late-winter snowstorms
2. losing an hour because of daylight savings time
3. give me time -- I'm sure I'll come up with something else

Ken
03-05-2014, 01:18 AM
mud

Lavern08
03-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Did I mention the unpredictable weather?

Snow and sleet here yesterday, 60 degrees today. :Shrug:

Helix
03-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Unpredictable weather? Ha! We're in a cyclone sandwich at the moment. Got one coming in from the NW and another from the SE. (The SE one hasn't yet been declared a cyclone. The Bureau will probably call it later today or early on Monday.)

Cyclones -- worse than buses.

Albedo
03-08-2014, 06:52 PM
What's to hate? It's my berfday month.

Except for that whole 'measuring your mortality in regularly incrementing digits' thing I suppose.

Helix
03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Happy birthday for whichever day it is!

Albedo
03-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Aw thanks! People can celebrate my b'day any day if they want. The big rocking party thread will be the 22nd.

Arcadia Divine
03-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Aw thanks! People can celebrate my b'day any day if they want. The big rocking party thread will be the 22nd.

Who's being the piņata, er I mean, who's bringing the piņata?

Albedo
03-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Ever seen a zeppelin? Imagine the Hindenburg, except instead of burning hydrogen, it erupts with chocolate and sweets/lollies/candy.

Arcadia Divine
03-10-2014, 06:37 AM
Ever seen a zeppelin? Imagine the Hindenburg, except instead of burning hydrogen, it erupts with chocolate and sweets/lollies/candy.

How are we going to hit something that big?

Albedo
03-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Giant robots with giant baseball bats, duh.

Arcadia Divine
03-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Giant robots with giant baseball bats, duh.

awesome! Sign me up!

annaheyerdahl
03-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Wet and humid and cold all at the same time. And the name of this blasted month makes me feel lazy. Every time I look at the calender it tells me to march. I give it the finger.

(It's true, I do. The jerk. Tell me what to do while it just hangs on the wall...)

Shadow_Ferret
03-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Still.Not.Spring. That's what I hate about it, despite what some stupid rodent might say.

St. PAatricks Day. Stop tellinme everyone is Irish. My heritage doesn't magically change for the day. I am not Irish. Have never been Irish. Don't want to be Irish. Go away. Leave me alone.

Daylight Savings Time. The fact that it sucked away an hour of my weekend and now I'm at work sooner.

Alpha Echo
03-10-2014, 09:53 PM

Still.Not.Spring. That's what I hate about it, despite what some stupid rodent might say.

St. PAatricks Day. Stop tellinme everyone is Irish. My heritage doesn't magically change for the day. I am not Irish. Have never been Irish. Don't want to be Irish. Go away. Leave me alone.

Daylight Savings Time. The fact that it sucked away an hour of my weekend and now I'm at work sooner.

Ditto on the weather and Spring comments all over this thread, but this entire year has been unpredictable. It seems like every time it hits the 50 degree mark, we immediately get slammed with snow and ice.

And March tries to trick us. Saturday was gorgeous, Sunday could have been if not for the massive and quite chilly wind.

And I hate Daylight Savings Time. Ugh. I hate losing sleep. Period.

BUT...March is my husband's bday, and the day after is mine. So that's fun.

Lavern08
03-10-2014, 10:33 PM
... Every time I look at the calender it tells me to march. I give it the finger.

(It's true, I do. The jerk. Tell me what to do while it just hangs on the wall...)

Ooooooh, feisty!

I like. ;)

Shadow_Ferret
03-11-2014, 05:00 PM
Forgot one: March Madness. Every.freaking.where. Just hope I have enough programs DVRed so I can miss all of it.

stormie
03-11-2014, 08:32 PM
Today I wore my winter coat. Didn't realize it's about 50 degrees out. The good thing is that all the snow has melted and for once I didn't have to wear my clodhopper boots.