I need a cover for an Amazon Single

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
This is the synopsis of my short story:

Set in 2260/1860
A man is in love with a woman that refuses to relocate with him to Mars, where he needs to move because he got promoted to work there. She breaks up with him. A few nights later they both get a call from their colleague, who has made alterations to a earth-to-space elevator. They rush to the lab and find out he has turned it into a time machine. They get in and are transported back to 1860. Cowboys gather outside; they are not sure what to make of this phenomenon.

FOCAL SCENE:
The colleague needs to go search for gold. He asks the other two to create a distraction for him, and the woman activates an astronaut training program that sends a holographic image of an astronaut in a space suit, outside into the desert. The cowboys give chase and the colleague gets out and steals one of their horses.

There is a (19th century) train wreck in the distance, at the bottom of the canyon. There's cactus, desert, tumbleweeds, gnarled trees, red rocky landscapes and mesas/buttes and rock formations everywhere. The train jumped its track right after coming out of a tunnel that is in the side of a mountain, and is lying on its side at the bottom of the canyon.

At the top of the slope, overlooking the canyon, is the space elevator, the holographic astronaut, and the cowboys.

Is this enough information for someone to create a book cover for me?

I don't know how much I should pay a cover artist to create this focal scene for my book cover.

Thanks for any help!

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
Is this an actual Kindle Single, or a self-published story? My understanding was Amazon provides covers for its Singles line.

Last edited:

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
This will be a self published story. I'm not sure what the difference is. I thought self published stories COULD be Kindle singles.

I don't want any of the covers that CreateSpace offers that they made themselves. I don't like them.

K.B. Parker

I've lost my mind
Registered
Reaction score
True, but you can submit self published works into the singles program. From my understanding (from other authors who have been selected) is that when their works were selected, they took their original self published covers with them.

mfarraday

Time Traveler
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info. I appreciate it. slhuang, I will take a look at that artist, thanks.