PDA

View Full Version : Lifeshard...DONE!

Zoombie
02-28-2014, 01:06 AM
So, for the past few months, I've been working on a sequel to Worldshard, imaginatively titled, Lifeshard!

The main character, Well Lubricated Cog native Engine (or Engi to his friends) is flung into an alternate universe by a time travel experiment gone wrong, and ends up having to face off against a nefarious corporation whose horrific plans imperil not just the alternate universe that they occupy, but possibly ALL universes!

Unfortunately, Engi is used to being a Champion - a construct of clay and magitechnological cybernetic augmentations - and in this alternate universe, he has been cast into the life AND body of the utterly normal teenager Kelks Zanelast!

Can the super-genius Champion use his skills and knowledge to save the multiverse? Or will the nefarious Lord Ultima's even more nefarious plan succeed?

In this adventure, Engi is joined by a reformed bully (who happens to be a dragon), a tattooed crime boss who is the alternate universe version of his girlfriend, and a mysterious high school girl who can punch people so hard that they become hedgehogs.

Arrayed against them are the vast and faceless armies of Ultima's regulators and his own second in command: The Minotaur, an acid spitting, power armor wearing psychopath who has a serious taste for ripping skulls out via the spinal column.

There's flying car chases, thrilling magical martial arts battles, lightsabers and romance!

I'm pretty happy with it :D

Maggie Maxwell
02-28-2014, 01:10 AM
Congratulations! It sounds awesome!

Witch_turtle
02-28-2014, 01:39 AM
a mysterious high school girl who can punch people so hard that they become hedgehogs.

Ha!! This sounds quirky and awesome. I definitely think there needs to be more off-the-wall fiction in the world. Congrats on finishing! :D

Kylabelle
02-28-2014, 01:54 AM
Wowie-zowie, Zoom! This sounds extremely cool. And I am so impressed. I definitely want to read this series of yours. :D

Brutal Mustang
02-28-2014, 01:59 AM
Congrats!

Zoombie
02-28-2014, 03:01 AM
Ha!! This sounds quirky and awesome. I definitely think there needs to be more off-the-wall fiction in the world. Congrats on finishing! :D

The next novel, Soulshard, will be from her perspective and...basically, her martial art manipulates fate and symbolism.

The way it is represented in fiction is that she uses the form of a novel as a weapon itself. So, blocking an attack by putting a period in the middle of a sentence to make it into two fragments, or center justifying a character so that (if their descriptions and actions get too long) they fall off the side of the page.

Or punching people to give them foot-notes that change their characteristics for her advantage.

I was inspired by the fantastic webcomic Keychain of Creation, where a character had a martial art that let her move between the panels of the comic and attack with broken perspective...it was super clever.

So I stole it.

Siri Kirpal
02-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Congrats!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Phaeal
02-28-2014, 08:43 PM
I like hedgehogs.

CGs!