PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Goals

Champagne Cupcake
02-27-2014, 02:08 AM
A book a week through the end of the year. I started the first week of February, so January doesn't count. The remainder of the year does. Three books published so far, 13 sales. Fourth book will be published this week. Some weeks I'll publish two books when I put box sets together. Thanks for having this so I can hold myself publicly accountable. And here's to a great year for all of us who are working hard to write and publish. :)

Siri Kirpal
02-27-2014, 03:32 AM
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

May your fingers be fast enough to meet your goals!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Champagne Cupcake
02-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Thank you, Siri. I appreciate the blessing and your kind words. The support at AW is phenomenal.

May my fingers be quick and nimble...
May my mind be ripe with ideas...
May I have the endurance and stamina to meet my goals.

(Course, I'm still thrilled that I had the nerve to do this and a few books have sold. Yes, I'm easily amused. If this idea of write, publish, repeat really works, well, I'll be speechless. We shall see!)

layzerphish
02-27-2014, 11:47 AM
My 'Main' goal is kind of a bland one. To have a book published by the end of the year. Is it even possible? I don't know. I am still looking into various options, while I write, like self publications and local options. I have little knowledge on how long re-writes, editing and all that jazz will take, but I figure its a good start.

My other goal I have set for myself, now that I actually have set up my life so I have time to write, is to write EVERY SINGLE DAY. Even if it is only for 15 minutes, even if it's only on a scrap paper while on a bus. I think that is a good goal for me!

Champagne Cupcake
02-28-2014, 12:21 AM
Writing every day is the key, I think. At least that's how it works for me. Good luck to you. I don't see any reason why you can't publish by the end of the year if you stick with it.

Shadow_Ferret
02-28-2014, 12:27 AM
A book a week through the end of the year.

Writing, or publishing, a book a week? :Wha:

I can't even read a book a week.

Phaeal
02-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Good luck with your goal.