Anyone using Authorgraph that can explain it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECathers

Amuck! Amuck! Amuck!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lionrhod.com
I was recently turned on to Authorgraph and signed up for it, but I really don't understand how it works. Nor do they seem to have a contact email on their site.

Here's a link to their FAQ https://www.authorgraph.com/

The part I don't understand: Can someone buy a book directly from me with the authorgraph? In other words, I already have a file through Draft2Digital, which is legal for me to sell directly. Can I email someone a copy of the book and my authograph, or do they have to go to authorgraph.com to request it? Do they have to buy the authorgraphed book through the authorgraph website?

Also they have a facebook thingie that can be added to your FB page. (Ick! I hate facebook! But I suppose I should get a FB author page.) Anyone know if you can put that directly on your website?

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
According to their FAQ, the reader needs to request the authorgraph through their website (I assume the author/publisher needs to post the book info. with Authorgraph). The digital authorgraph is sent in a separate document to the reader's email address and opens in their reading device. The authorgraph is not inserted into the actual ebook. They state that a reader may "collect" authorgraphs. The book image and authorgraph come as one document that can be opened and viewed in an ereader.

evanjacobs

Getting my feet wet here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorgraph.com
Hi, I'm the creator of Authorgraph!

I'm happy to answer any questions about the service and there is a fairly extensive FAQ at http://www.authorgraph.com/faq

Also, every new author receives an email directly from my personal email address that they can respond to at any time for help or other questions.

Regards,
Evan Jacobs, Founder
Authorgraph

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm the creator of Authorgraph!

I'm happy to answer any questions about the service and there is a fairly extensive FAQ at http://www.authorgraph.com/faq

Also, every new author receives an email directly from my personal email address that they can respond to at any time for help or other questions.

Regards,
Evan Jacobs, Founder
Authorgraph

Evan, in the first post in this thread ECathers asked some very specific questions. Could you respond to those, please, to get us going? Thanks.

evanjacobs

Getting my feet wet here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authorgraph.com
I replied privately to a separate email from ECathers but here are some answers to the questions posted previously:

Q. Can someone buy a book directly from me with the Authorgraph?
A. Not yet. Currently, Authorgraphs are separate documents from the e-books. However, many authors have asked about the possibility of inserting the Authorgraph directly into an e-book that is made to order for a specific reader and I'm investigating that possibility.

Q. Can I email someone a copy of the book and my Authorgraph, or do they have to go to authorgraph.com to request it?
A. There is a feature called "Authorgraph Live!" which enables an author to send an Authorgraph directly to an email address (i.e. without requiring the reader to visit the website to request it).

Q. Do they have to buy the book through the Authorgraph website?
A. There is no requirement to own or buy the book in order to request and receive an Authorgraph although most requesters are likely current or future readers.

Q. Anyone know if you can put that (FB tab) directly on your website?
A. There is an Authorgraph widget that authors can install directly on their websites/blogs to let their readers know that they are available on Authorgraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.