PDA

View Full Version : Insanely specific question about Asian hair

wendymarlowe
02-24-2014, 07:43 PM
Oddly specific question for those of you with an Asian ethnic background - how much static does your hair pick up when you go down those plastic playground slides? Do you get flyaway bits, or no particular change most of the time?

I know it's a weird question, but I've got a five-year-old Japanese-American girl playing on the playground and I know if it were *me* my hair would have been standing up all over the place but hair is so different from person to person . . .

mirandashell
02-24-2014, 08:01 PM
So by Asian, you mean specifically Japanese?

ECathers
02-24-2014, 08:09 PM
LOL I'm not Asian, so I unfortunately can't answer. Yes that is a wildly and wackily specific question and is what I love so much about the Experts forum. You tend to learn so much about the strangest things that you'd never think to ask yourself.

<-- devotee of the goddess Friznat, patron of bad hair days

chompers
02-24-2014, 08:12 PM
You answered it yourself. It varies from person to person. Some have fine hair, some thick. Some have curly, some straight. Etc. I think it depends more on the electrical charge.

wendymarlowe
02-24-2014, 08:20 PM
The little girl has a mother who is mostly of Japanese heritage. The father isn't in my book, so it could be anything - I'm mostly just going for "will I be completely off-base if I say her hair was sticking up?" I do see her as having shoulder-length straight hair.

NeuroGlide
02-24-2014, 08:33 PM
The little girl has a mother who is mostly of Japanese heritage. The father isn't in my book, so it could be anything - I'm mostly just going for "will I be completely off-base if I say her hair was sticking up?" I do see her as having shoulder-length straight hair.

What's the relative humidity? High humidity: no.

What's the wind conditions? High wind: no.

How fine is her hair? Course hair: no.

Further details will require my Skype friends to wake up as it's night there.

Marian Perera
02-24-2014, 08:36 PM

I'm of Asian origin (Sri Lanka, specifically) and I have thick straight hair. Sometimes long, sometimes short. But it tends to be dry, so unless I''m just after a shower or the day is very humid or I haven't washed it in so long it's become oily, it's going to be at least somewhat staticky. I don't think mine would stick straight up, though, unless it's extremely short.