PDA

View Full Version : Crime Stoppers/Reward Money question

NateSean
02-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Can someone under the age of 18 collect the reward money associated with finding and capturing felons? If not, is an adult required to sign anything on behalf of the under aged person.

If anyone knows how the process works or has any experience with it personally, that would be helpful too. (Or if you're a convicted felon and you want to turn yourself in, you could give me a little hands on experience.)

NeuroGlide
02-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Can someone under the age of 18 collect the reward money associated with finding and capturing felons? If not, is an adult required to sign anything on behalf of the under aged person.

If anyone knows how the process works or has any experience with it personally, that would be helpful too. (Or if you're a convicted felon and you want to turn yourself in, you could give me a little hands on experience.)

Crime Stoppers in Cleveland does pay minors, other programs might not. Check locally.

ECathers
02-24-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm fairly sure that crime stoppers isn't an emergency type line. You can probably just give them a call, explain that you're a writer trying to get facts straight and ask them.

They probably even have a website that explains how it all works.

WeaselFire
02-26-2014, 02:24 AM
Crimestoppers pays anonymously, so they don't know if you're a minor. When you call with a tip, you get a tip number. If that tip pays out, you collect with that number.

Jeff