Character Study [HBO's True Detective]

DHasenbein

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody studying the dynamics of writing, specifically character dialogue and multi-leveled interaction, I have an awesome study for you! The two detectives in HBO's True Detective are well-written,interact so intricately, and their relationship progresses authentically. This is an intense show!

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, it's a good show. I've only watched two or three episodes, and haven't studied it real closely, but at your suggestion I will.

Thanks for the heads up.

jaksen

Caped Codder
Registered
Reaction score
In MA, USA, across from a 17th century cemetery
Yeah, and it's intense. Terrific and intricate plot, plus character studies of the two MCs. My husband, who usually prefers lighter TV fare, just said (as we watched episode 6), "My God, this is riveting."

Yes, he actually used the word 'riveting.' I don't think I've ever heard him use that word before.

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, and it's intense. Terrific and intricate plot, plus character studies of the two MCs. My husband, who usually prefers lighter TV fare, just said (as we watched episode 6), "My God, this is riveting."

Yes, he actually used the word 'riveting.' I don't think I've ever heard him use that word before.

I agree with your husband. It is absolutely riveting. My husband and the last episode twice in one night.