And you thought YOUR contract was restrictive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's what General Mills has to say to anyone submitting an idea to them for a new product or product use... pay special attention to the part I highlighted in red:

Our policy on suggestions and idea submissions-

All comments, suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, recipes or other information disclosed or offered to General Mills by this site or in response to solicitations in this site shall be deemed and shall remain the property of General Mills. You understand and acknowledge that General Mills has both internal resources and other external resources which may have developed or may in the future develop ideas identical to or similar to the suggestion or comments to suggestions and that General Mills is only willing to consider the suggestion on these terms. That, in any event, any suggestion is not submitted in confidence and General Mills assumes no obligation express or applied by considering it. Without limitation, General Mills shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing rights to the suggestions of every kind and nature throughout the Universe and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the comments for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise without compensation to the provider of the suggestions.

:roll: :roll: :roll: so much for those Martian submissions in the near future...

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Betty W01 said:
Here's what General Mills has to say to anyone submitting an idea to them for a new product or product use... pay special attention to the part I highlighted in red:

Dang! And my wife just got a really good recipe for steamed yargs from Alien. It wouldn't be so bad, but those little yargs are so darn fast...

Klaatu Barada Nikto! :D

John

Featurewriter

hoarse whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bymichaelriley.com
Betty W01 said:
... express or applied ...

"Express or applied???" (ROFL ...) :ROFL:

With such dazzling legal lingo, I wouldn't worry too much about their ability to lasso anyone's rights ...

ATP

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
They're just protecting their arse. They've got the money for expensive corporate lawyers, may as well have these unsavoury types justify their existence by coming up with such idiotic clauses.

That said, if anyone wishes to contribute an idea, have GM exploit it commercially if they so wish, with the contributor of the idea renouncing all rights to claims to either idea or profit generated by the said idea, then go ahead I say!!

ATP

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
GM

I have a comment and a suggestion for them, but I don't think they'd like either.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
parallel universes

They probably have lawyers there, too. Dang critters seem to be everywhere....

Nangleator

Rep Point Whore
Registered
Reaction score
I signed a scary piece of paper to get hired in my current job. It said that the company would own not only everything I created while working for them, but everything I had created in the past. They allowed me to list exceptions, but provided only four lines. I filled those lines and most of the back of the page with anything I had ever done that might conceivably earn money some day.

I believe they mentioned that universe thing, as well as 'in perpetuity.'

Status
Not open for further replies.