Fantasy character art

Status
Not open for further replies.

writer_mccall

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writermccall.weebly.com
Has anyone had art of the characters in their book comissioned?
I'm thinking to have it done when I release my book and use the pictures to promote my book by having weekly/bi-weekly character reveals/announcements.
I'm just not sure where to start looking, most of the recommend threads are a bit more general, I'm looking for fantasy style characters-a slightly more specific request

writer_mccall

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writermccall.weebly.com
Well it would give more material to actually put up on my website, rather than just a description of the book.
Having the characters pictures and bios that people can see.

Taylor Anderson has something similar for his Destroyermen series with pictures of the races and creatures as well as some background info that you don't get from the books.
Like the Grik are bipedal, sentient descendents of raptors.
He's also added pictures of the ships.

I also have flags for each of my nations, but they are much easier than drawing characters. I have rough versions of the flags done and it shouldn't be hard to improve on them much

CheG

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chegilson.blogspot.com
I have seen authors do that, a lot actually, but that's probably because I spend a lot of time on Deviant Art. If you want to do it go for it. Just be prepared to pay for it. A lot of effort goes into art and for a really talented professional you could be looking at $200 and upwards for commissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.