My first R&R before even sub'ing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I mentioned to my theatrical agent that I had written a novel and was polishing it up, so he asked to see it. So of course I sent it to him, he liked it and sent it to a literary agent he knows and she asked for a revise and resubmit.

I'm freaking out here.

I don't even have my pitch worked out yet, and I wanted to find a few more beta's. I'm not ready for this part of the stress!

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
Wow. I take it the agent read it. Hopefully, the agent sent info relative to edits, suggestions and such. I don't know if there's a norm for that, I never had an r&r. . .

Whatever you decide to do--revise or hold off, send to betas--wishing you the best of luck and hoping you enjoy this. It's pretty cool, you have to admit.

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys. Yeah she wanted me to expand on a few parts and had a few other suggestions.

Now I'm sitting here procrastinating and staring at a whooping 200 words I've written today. :Headbang:

Anyone have an idea how quickly I need to get an r&r back?

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Take your time and do it well. Agents usually don't like R & Rs turned around in a week or two.

(But I'm not an expert. The one R & R I've received I declined because it would have destroyed my whole purpose for writing the book.)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
CGs on the R&R! Set yourself a doable daily quota (500-1000 new words, 2-3 hours of revision, the important thing is consistency) and then take the time it needs -- the point of rewriting is to improve the script, not turn it back in in record time.

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks again. Who would of thunk sending it to my agent would be so stressful haha.

As long as no one expects me to get anything back to them in a week I'm good, I'll stop stressing.

Lonegungrrly

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!! Just wanted to add, as I'm in a similar boat, if the agent had read it recently, even if you sent it them right the hell now, it'd probably sit with them for a while so they can distance themselves from the first read (much like we do after our first drafts) so take time. Months if you want, they won't forget you, the important thing is that you to it as best as you can! Good luck! !

jorodo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yep, take your time and get it right. You've already accomplished something--something major. You will have that to revel in.

tri

Oh...:yesway: you're right! I should enjoy the moment. I think I will go revel in this for a little while. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.