• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a beta reader for YA fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relle

Registered
Reaction score
Posted on here a few times for a beta reader. Manuscript still isn't where I want it to be. The only caveat this time is I'm in the middle of a teaching credential program and I'm not going to have time to swap beta reads until June, so I guess I'm asking for a freebie (or an IOU).

Anyway, it's about 75,000 words, focuses on multiverse travel. I can send a synopsis and sample chapter(s) as needed.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to be a hard-ass and take a hit for the AW team, by which I mean all its members.

You've been here for over three years, but your only posts seek beta readers. You want AW members to do this for you--and it's no small thing but a task of many hours--when you are not offering to do the same for anyone else.

Nor are you an active member of the community for whom the members might be willing to do this big favor because you're one of us.

Frankly, I get the vibe that you're wanting to use our expertise and time in exchange for nothing at all. I'd be absolutely delighted for you to prove me wrong, to see you become a part of the AW community who shares his/her (I can't tell, since you didn't fill out your profile) knowledge and time the way you expect us to.

Maryn, hoping for more from you

Relle

Registered
Reaction score
I've done beta exchanges previously with multiple people. I made this thread knowing it'd be a long shot to get anyone since I don't have time to reciprocate right now. So I guess I'll ask again in June.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll be waiting...

Lillith1991

The Hobbit-Vulcan hybrid
Registered
Reaction score
Website
eclecticlittledork.wordpress.com
I've done beta exchanges previously with multiple people. I made this thread knowing it'd be a long shot to get anyone since I don't have time to reciprocate right now. So I guess I'll ask again in June.

You know, you could just participate in the forums and get to know people. You would have a lot more willing betas that way.

Rusty

Registered
Reaction score
I've been wondering, if 50 posts are required before a member can post threads on the SYW forum, then why doesn't the rule apply here also?

New members can still offer to beta read by responding to the 'Willing Beta Readers' thread. There could also be a separate 'Willing Mentors' thread to avoid deterring potential mentors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.