Website that shows word-count for published novels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
Hi guys, could someone please tell me the name of that website that lists books and their word counts? I had it bookmarked, and now it's gone, and after over an hour of searching I'm no closer to finding it. I know it's been mentioned on AW a dozen times, and I can't find it here either... Google-fu has failed me!

Cheers!

profen4

Banned
Spammer
Reaction score
That's the one I was thinking of, Trocadero, thank you. That would be interesting though if there's others I haven't seen. Maybe that have a more complete database. I kind of wish one of Amazon's features would be an automatic count of the words in each of the books that get uploaded to their sites.

SBibb

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sbibb.wordpress.com
O_O I've been wondering if there was a place to find word counts. Awesome! *Bookmarks.*

And... is that a site for AR quizzes?

Supergirlofnc

New fish; Swimming with the current
Registered
Reaction score
I found this one a while back: www.arbookfind.com. You must specify parent, teacher, student, but there's no other sign-ins. Click on a book and it gives you the word count. I hope this helps!

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
That's the one I was thinking of, Trocadero, thank you. That would be interesting though if there's others I haven't seen. Maybe that have a more complete database. I kind of wish one of Amazon's features would be an automatic count of the words in each of the books that get uploaded to their sites.

Yeah, it sort of surprises me that there's no way to get word counts for ebooks either. The estimation method for print books doesn't work for e-books, since the number of words per line is entirely font based, of course, and the number of lines per "page" varies so greatly between titles (and the number of "pages" in an e-book has no relationship to the number of pages that seem to be present in either the hardcover or paperback version).

Status
Not open for further replies.