Carrying a gun in a Boston park?

stardustx

Dreaming about fictional characters
Registered
Reaction score
I'm writing a fantasy story. One of my characters, a woman, is a bounty hunter in Boston. I have a scene that takes place in one of the parks there, Stony Brook Reservation. (It's basically hundreds of acres of woods.)

In the scene, my character has her gun concealed on her. She thinks she's about to face a deadly, powerful foe (not someone who has skipped bond; so she's not on the job). So she takes out her gun and openly points it in his direction. Once she realizes she's safe, she puts it away in her concealed holster. This all happens in about a three to five-minute time span.

My question is: Is it illegal to conceal carry (and open carry) a gun in a park in Boston?

I assume it would be illegal to open carry a gun in a Boston park; so I know that either way, my character is taking a risk if she were to be caught. However, it's a moment in the story with high tension, so there are supposed to be risks involved, and she would be aware of this. I just want to know so that I have my research straight.

jclarkdawe

Feeling lucky, Query?
Registered
Reaction score
Massachusetts is a tough state to get a concealed permit, and the Boston area the toughest part of the state. Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit is a mandatory one year sentence.

Best of luck,

Jim Clark-Dawe