Happen to you? A nightmare that you laugh at, even as you're having it?

Hip-Hop-a-potamus

My rhymes are bottomless
Registered
Reaction score
So last week, I was sleeping in a hotel bed all week, traveling for business, and I had some really strange dreams.

The last one was nuts. I knew I was dreaming, and was self-talking during the dream!!

In it, I CALLED the agent I had my pitch session with in Surrey ( I know... GAH!!). As I was doing it, Real-Life Me was screaming at Dream Me "What the hell are you doing??!!! Hang up! Hang up! Hang up!" But I didn't.

She picked up the phone, and I started in. "Hello, ___. I don't know if you remember me, but I pitched to you in Surrey. I had the novel called ____, and I sent you the full like you asked. You never got back to me, and I'm curious to know what you thought of it."

Real life me was mortified, yelling "Stop, dammit!" to dream me. But dream me kept right on going.

Then, said agent burst into tears. I wasn't quite sure what was going on.

"I was just notified that my best friend died!" she spat out, and began sobbing uncontrollably over the phone.

"Oh dear," Dream me said. "I'm so very sorry. Now, back to my book..."

And that was when I woke up in a cold sweat, laughing my ass off. Thank goodness I'm not that much of a douche in real life!

:banana:

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
Most of my most frightening dreams are bizarre when I wake up and consider them.

But one recent nightmare stuck in my mind.

I was by the river. It was an overcast, windy day, and I was alone. I got stuck in the river mud, and couldn't pull myself out, when it started to rain and the river started to flood.

Except it wasn't rain. It wasn't even liquid. It was tiny, adorable fluffy animals. They squeaked when they hit you.

For some reason this made me panic and wake up sweating.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a strange dream the other night as well...

I was at the grocerue store (inside Office Party joke) and the clerk was bagging my purchases - I became very annoyed with the way he or she (don't remember which) bagged my stuff.

Finally, I snatched the paper bag out of the clerk's hands as he or she started to place the bleach I had purchased in the bag upside down!!!

I remember getting so upset that I made myself wake up.

Wassup wid dat? :Shrug:

Last edited:

lucyfilmmaker

patron saint of wine coolers and awkwardness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lucyfilmmaker.com
I have hilariously strange dreams pretty much every night, but my favorites are the ones that I know are dreams... I can run really fast until I fly, think of any place and be there... it's almost like having magic powers.

And I can't even describe the number of times a dream has turned into a story idea, my brain is such a hot mess.

ArachnePhobia

Registered
Reaction score
I seriously had a dream Cthulhu attacked the mail route I sub and I was trying to drive through the tentacles to make dispatch.

mahervolous

Middle Grade Man
Registered
Reaction score
Weirdest dream I've ever had, and this terrified me when I was eight. I can laugh now, but back then I never wanted to sleep again.
The characters from the show Ducktales were gallivanting around Duckburg, enjoying another day being anthropomorphic fowl not wearing pants. Enormous broccoli creatures crashed through the city's tallest towers and scooped up the friends. The broccolis reached into their own heads and pulled out vicious, long straight needles and proceeded to pop the Ducktales characters like balloons.
I got chicken pox the next day.