• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betas needed for science fiction novelette

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaesarNaples

Collective intox
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm very new here. On reddit, someone suggested coming to this forum to find beta readers. I post in writing forums on reddit all the time, and chat in IRC etc (however, I can't seem to get logged into the IRC for this site?)

I have a new novelette (14.5k words) that I'm having edited. I'm recruiting a team of beta readers to help me make the right edits to fix the story. Essentially, you'll be seeing a first draft for now: later, I will post updates to the story--and after you've read it, I'll need comments on these changes (or suggestions for other changes.)

The story is science fiction. A synopsis of part 1 is here. In order to view the story, you need to (anonymously) register for my google group. You will be then led to a google sites page with the story. Here's the link for the group.

You don't have to respond here. It's set up for your privacy, to protect MY work, and to be easy for beta readers to get right into the helping. Any comments you have will need to be posted on the google groups forum. Here's the Google Group link.

Thanks! If you want to beta read, you will need to anonymously register with your gmail account for the google group.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. If you stick around and do some critiquing yourself, I'm sure you will be able to find someone willing to return the favor.

CaesarNaples

Collective intox
Registered
Reaction score
If you stick around and do some critiquing yourself,

Thanks, I'll do that. I'm worried my critiquing will be terrible though. I tend to be very controlling with other people's writing, which is why I often stick to writing my own work.

Status
Not open for further replies.