Blargon

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
I've been blogging since 2003 and, apparently I still have a lot to learn. This, for example . . .

Delicious, though an adjective in standard usage, is both a noun and a verb in blargon: Adlam defines it as "a social bookmarking service that allows users to share their bookmarked sites with others. To del.icio.us someone is to add them to your delicious bookmarks. Many bloggers strive to make it onto the del.icio.us front page (otherwise known as being popular)." This has led to the verbal noun or gerund deliciousing.

. . . is something I've never heard of before. Glad I read the article -- learn something new everyday!

A separate question -- I notice A LOT of people using www.blogspot.com and www.typepad.com . . . is there a preference? I use www.livejournal.com, but I don't really like it as much as I used to and I'm considering changing. Thoughts?

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
Going by the popularity, blogspot seems to be the preferred one. I use blogspot, haven't used livejournal or typepad. Going by my experience, blogspot is easy to use and quick to grasp. But, as you become more experienced in the blogging world, you might find blogspot limiting or unflexible. I think that is when you switch to typepad.

You can try blogspot, create a dummy blog and see whether you it fits your requirements.

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
sanyuja said:
Going by the popularity, blogspot seems to be the preferred one. I use blogspot, haven't used livejournal or typepad. Going by my experience, blogspot is easy to use and quick to grasp. But, as you become more experienced in the blogging world, you might find blogspot limiting or unflexible. I think that is when you switch to typepad.

You can try blogspot, create a dummy blog and see whether you it fits your requirements.

Thank you for responding so quickly! I'm going to do as you suggested -- I've seen SO many creative blogs on there (and on typepad, too, for that matter) and it really inspired me more than what I've seen on livejournal. I like the networking I've done on livejournal, but I really haven't found any "professional" writers or artists on there (been on there since 2003) . . . so I feel like it's time to expand my horizons. I agree -- there does seem to be a popularity trend with blogspot.

:) Okay, off to see how to do the what's and how's off all this.

NewB

Super Fast Turtle
Registered
Reaction score
You are most welcome, jennhollowell.

Create a blog and post a link here so that we all get to see what you've got there. :)

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Jen - don't totally discount LiveJournal! A number of our members use it - including James Macdonald. It's just a bit harder to find them amidst the noise. I think I have several writers on my friends list at LJ - and others I subscribe to their RSS feed and see it on my flist.

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Dawno said:
Jen - don't totally discount LiveJournal! A number of our members use it - including James Macdonald. It's just a bit harder to find them amidst the noise. I think I have several writers on my friends list at LJ - and others I subscribe to their RSS feed and see it on my flist.

Okay! :D I don't know why I thought everyone over here used www.blogspot.com (or at least the majority) -- I guess it was because that's what I mostly saw in the threads and signature line. I created one at www.blogger.com that I'm going to use for specific writer/artist related stuff:

I've managed to create a nice group of "friends" over at www.livejournal.com and I doubt I'll ever leave that site completly. It's been sort of an addiction. I run communities and all that as a way to keep the creativity flowing.
You're all welcome to join me in either or both places. The www.livejournal.com one might be boring or confusing to some because I use initials instead of people's names (habit) and I talk A LOT about the miscellaneous bits of what-not going on in my life.​

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Jenn, you might want to go add your new blogger journal to your post in the AW Bloggers thread, too. I'd guess if anyone was looking for blogs they'd check there first...this thread will eventually sink to the back pages and that one is a sticky.

jenngreenleaf

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Dawno said:
Jenn, you might want to go add your new blogger journal to your post in the AW Bloggers thread, too. I'd guess if anyone was looking for blogs they'd check there first...this thread will eventually sink to the back pages and that one is a sticky.

Whoops, you're right -- I hadn't thought of that! I'll copy it into there. Thank you for pointing that out! :D