PDA

View Full Version : Beta Needed - YA Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

jtrylch13
02-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Hi there,

I am looking for a beta reader or beta swap. I have a YA Post-Apocalyptic novel at 100,000 words. It has been edited around ten times and has been beta read by 5 people, but none of them are writers. It is definitely ready for some in depth looks at characters, plot, voice, etc.

I would prefer people who read/write YA fiction, only because I want to know if it works for that market, but I am willing to beta read MG, YA, Romance, Historical Fiction, and many other kinds of literature. I don't want to read erotica, stories with gratuitous violence, rape, or anything that will keep me up at night. I'd prefer YA or MG. And I will read YA LGBT. (In general, I don't mind love stories, but I don't want to read about ANY teenagers having sex)

I'd prefer manuscripts that have been extensively edited. I'm not the grammar police. Okay, I am, but that's stuff you can work on yourself. I want to help, but I don't want to cover you MS in red.

I'm happy to exchange a first chapter at first, to see if we would like to work with each other, but after that, I prefer to send and receive the entire MS. I don't like to work a chapter at a time.

I'll post a link to my first chapter in SYW:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284953

Password: Vista in case you need it

PM me if you are interested.

rkg
02-14-2014, 02:43 PM
edit* Oh, sorry, just saw the PM me at the bottom of your post. Bleh, long day at work...

Hello,
I'm also in the market for a beta swap. I skimmed your first chapter and was interested, and I like the writing style. I also write YA (without sex scenes); mine is a light scifi/paranormal, right now around 60,000 words. If you're still looking for a swap, please pm me, and I'll send you a sample. I'll of course do a crit of your first ch, and we can go from there. :)