Critque Needed

sinead44

Hi everyone,

Much to my inexperience I was recently 'scammed by the NYLA. I was taken in by their flurry of activity regarding my book.

Not wanting to go down the same road again, I am now turning to the professional and asking my kindred writers if they can recommend someone to do a Critque and an Agent in the New York City area.

Peace,

Sinead O'Neill

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
For an excellent searchable list of legit agents go to AgentQuery.com

It is less important that an agent is in NY these days, so long as they have good NY contacts they can function from anywhere.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Hi, sinead44 and welcome to AW!

A) You shouldn't have to PAY to get a critique (if that's where your question was heading.) You're more than welcome to post a query or synopsis here in the Share Your Work forum for people to critique. We have a lot of GREAT writers here that would be more than happy to give your stuff a look. If you want to post part of the manuscript itself, keep it to a short bite. A lot of us are really busy, and well-thought-out critiques take time. Keep it to 1-4 pages of your manuscript and you'll probably get more hits.

B) You didn't state your genre. That will help more in finding an agent. Many specialize in certain kinds of books. Sorry about NYLA, but glad you saw the light. Now you can concentrate on finding a REAL agent! :)

sinead44

Hiya Waylander,
Thanks for your reply, I am going to read through that website now.
Peace,
Sinead

sinead44

Hiya Cathy and thank you for your welcome to AW
You did hit the nail on the head, lol and I wish someone had hit me on the head before I forked over more money after money to the nyla, maybe we will see them in the place they belong lol.
Again thank you, I will post a few pages of my manuscript on the Share Your Work Forum, and welcome any form of a critique, lol but praise works very well.
My book is a work of fiction wrapped around historical facts, with a bit of poetry and humor intermingled throughout.
I am new to this site and have been having a ball finding my way around.
Peace,
Sinead