Agency is 'discussing' it

Status
Not open for further replies.

pviteritti

Registered
Reaction score
My latest ms has apparently been read by a few agents within a ny literary agency and according to the president, who I'm in direct contact with, he says they are currently discussing it. Is this a very good sign?

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
That is usually a good sign. However, it can sometimes mean there's disagreement about whether the project is ready for sale or even if it's saleable.

So. Like with anything else, just hang in there.

Aggy, hoping it's good news

TerryRodgers

Registered
Reaction score
It means they are setting on top of a fence and deciding which side to step down on. If your manuscript wasn't at least good enough for this consideration, the president of the agency would have already rejected it or only answered with they are still looking at it. Even if they don't except it, you get some very good input as to why. Good luck.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Way better than a form rejection. At least one person likes the MS and is fighting for it. So a positive whatever the outcome.

pviteritti

Registered
Reaction score
If anyone is fighting for it, it's got to be the president. I sent him a quick email the other day, telling him I made minor changes in the opening chapters, he emailed back in minutes saying they'd love to see it.

EMaree

a demon for tea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emmamaree.com
Good luck! Wanting to see minor changes is a bit unusual, though. I take it you've checked this agency out over on the Bewares & Background Checks subforum?

pviteritti

Registered
Reaction score
I don't want to mention their name, but yes I've checked it out. It's as big as most of them, many many sales, movie options, best sellers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.