Things I Hate About February

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The pressure that guys feel to purchase a romantic (high-priced jewelry) gift for their sweetheart. :rant:

I told Mr. Honey he didn't need to buy me flowers or candy, because every time he gets up early to go outside in the freezing cold to warm my car up for me before I leave for work tells me how much he LURVES me. ;)

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
The late Mr. Shakey used to watch the clock on February 14. A few minutes before eight p.m. he would say he had to step out for cigarets and would return with 4 big fancy satin and lace, candy filled hearts--one for each of his girls--and all clearly marked 75% off. Now there was a man who felt no pressure to spend to impress the women he loved--s6

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Awww, that's so sweet of Mr. Honey. :heart:

The bipolar weather. Tuesday's high, 46. Wednesday's, 70. Next Sunday, 60s. Monday, SNOW. Wish I were joking. This state can't decide whether it wants to be in the south or in the north.

Last edited:

Bolero

Registered
Reaction score
This February - rain. Lots and lots of rain. And mud. And wind to blow the rain down your neck.

And yo to Mr Shakey - much better way to spend the money. I always take a post-holiday season look at Thorntons website for bargains. :D

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
The late Mr. Shakey used to watch the clock on February 14. A few minutes before eight p.m. he would say he had to step out for cigarets and would return with 4 big fancy satin and lace, candy filled hearts--one for each of his girls--and all clearly marked 75% off. Now there was a man who felt no pressure to spend to impress the women he loved--s6

Hahaha!!! That's too cute!!

I hate that I always think of February as dark and gloomy.

Bolero

Registered
Reaction score
Look on the brighter side - the days are actually noticeably longer. (Well at least here they are.) :)

Any snowdrops yet? Just occurred to me we have two snow drops up - but the chickens ate one of them so not 100% positive there. :D

Six Alaric

The terror, the terror
Registered
Reaction score
The 14th never fails to give me a hankering for a glass of antifreeze. I'm just going to embrace it this year; get a bottle of gin out and drunk-dial the night away.

Also: the weather.

(Oh, also: how my parents act over St Valentine's Day. Half a month of, 'You don't have to get me anything! Don't be silly, dear!' then the day arrives and it's all, 'WHAT? You didn't get me ANYTHING?')

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
That Lincoln's and Washington's birthdays are combined.
They both deserve separate ones !
One created the country; the other kept it together.
Is that not deserving enough of separate holidays !

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's still too cold and besides "February" is hard to say.

The only thing that's good about February is Valentine's Day. :)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Since Lavern is hellbent on going through the damn calendar one month at a time--like, how else are you gonna do it--here's what I hate about February.

1. Weather sucks. Cold, windy, rainy. Osaka doesn't get much snow, but we get rain. Sucks...

2. Valentine's Day. Wifey likes Godiva, I get her Godiva...I'm on a diet. Sucks...

3. Flu is going around, I don't want to get sick. Have to go out anyway and listen to people hacking and coughing. I don't know if they have allergies, colds, or bubonic plague. Sucks...

Booker

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
February should be every month of the year because all you need is love

Bolero

Registered
Reaction score
And today, despite the muddy ground mentioned earlier it is a good day. Bright sunshine and birds practising their spring songs. (And a chilly wind. Don't often get sunshine at this time of year without a chilly wind which is a downer - but I can live with it.)

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
The heat.

Less time to get things done than other months.

WriteMinded

Derailed
Registered
Reaction score
The 14th is sweet and happy; it's my anniversary. But it's followed by the 15th, which is bittersweet and makes me cry.

lclarkjr

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ponderingdad.blogspot.com
Having to remember how to spell Fruber....errr, I mean, Febary...nope, Freburary....damn, that's not it either...Febu....screw it, Having to remember how to spell Feb. correctly!

Oh and...
The bipolar weather. Tuesday's high, 46. Wednesday's, 70. Next Sunday, 60s. Monday, SNOW. Wish I were joking. This state can't decide whether it wants to be in the south or in the north.
You must live in Charlotte, NC or very nearby! Yesterday I was in shorts, today jeans, tomorrow - not sure yet, next week, freezing rain/snow...Spring can't get here fast enough!

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
February Suck List:

1) So much pink crap around. Everywhere I go I wanna vomit.

2) Stupid white stuff all over the place.

3) Freezing my tush off whenever I venture out the door.

4) Did I mention all the pink crap everywhere?

Ona Mission

A Bit Squirrelly
Registered
Reaction score
Website
onanewmission.wordpress.com
1. 2 more "required" commercial "holidays" pushed upon consumers. (Easter crap will be out soon, if it's not already)

2. The guy stress/guilt. It's fricking everywhere. For what? If women felt half of the stress they do over this stupid "holiday", Valentine's Day would be banned, and WalMart would be out of business.

3. Snow, ice, cold.

4. Insane heating bills.

5. Massively cut work hours. (SO much stress!)

6. Weight settles again.

7. 4 more months until SPRING!

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
1. The warm weather is so far away.

2. Valentine's Day.

3. Will this winter never freakin end?

4. Summer is so far away.

TerryRodgers

Registered
Reaction score
What I hate about February is the stupid Punxsutawney Phil. Supposedly he saw his shadow on a completely overcast morning. Stupid groundhog.

Bolero

Registered
Reaction score
And having been oh so happy about sunny days further up this thread I will now add two powercuts in two days. We can cook food and boil water on the multi-fuel stove by candlelight (or the LED lantern until it needs re-charging), so are better off than we might be, but still slow and tedious.
Reading science fiction by candlelight seems really anachronistic.

etherme

Making my own luck
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.eriktherme.com
Awww, that's so sweet of Mr. Honey. :heart:

We just got 6 inches of snow here in Iowa! :O Absolutely ready for Spring... :O

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Having to remember how to spell Fruber....errr, I mean, Febary...nope, Freburary....damn, that's not it either...Febu....screw it, Having to remember how to spell Feb. correctly!

Oh and... You must live in Charlotte, NC or very nearby! Yesterday I was in shorts, today jeans, tomorrow - not sure yet, next week, freezing rain/snow...Spring can't get here fast enough!

Not Charlotte, but you nailed the state. :D