• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a writing buddy/crit partner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dysnomia

Drowning in the depthless sea
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!

I’m looking for a writing buddy/crit partner to, primarily, get feedback on my WIP (anything from the writing itself to the story). It'd be great if you're writing YA too and I'm more than willing to reciprocate. Upper MG is also fine. Ideally, I’d like this relationship to be a long term one, with both of us motivating each other to keep writing and also be a listening ear for each other to our story’s problems and bounce ideas to solve them :)

About my WIP:

It’s YA Portal-ish Fantasy with a tiny stash of Dystopia, and a little on the dark side (I think. I’m working to make it darker). Currently, I’m tearing it apart and re-writing it again. The last draft was completed at 97k.

The absolutely horrible query letter of it can be found here (though it’s more like a query for a tiny arc cuz I’m that bad at writing a QL…still working on it…).

To get a feel of my writing, the first 420 words can be found here.

If you’re interested or need to know more, shoot me a PM or drop a message below! It’d be great if you could tell me about your WIP too and give a short writing sample of it. Hopefully we'll be a fit!

Have a great day! :)

Adrianna Burch

Angry owl is judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm up for a writing group if anyone else is :)

Dysnomia

Drowning in the depthless sea
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind, if you guys would like to :)

BTW, Adrianna Burch, I've replied to your PM!

cheekj9

Doing my best while figuring it out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thecheekyfellow.com
Sounds good.

I'm looking for some buddies too.

RLim29, I like your story after the One. The diary entry didn't grab me but the rest of the story did.

I'll send you a PM.

agergen53

Registered
Reaction score
RLim, I sent you a PM.

I'm interested in multiple writing buddies as well as a YA writing group, so anyone on this thread is welcome to PM me :)

sussu

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to join a multiple buddy group too. Writing YA.

Debbie F

Debbie
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys, I would be very much interested in this. I just started on a new YA sci-fi/dystopia -esque book, and one thing i've wanted is a writing group or writing partner/critique partner so if this is still happening, i'd be very interested!

cgreutman

Registered
Reaction score
If a writing group does get started, I'd be interested :) I've been looking for quite awhile.

Smeasking

Just call me "Sox" :)
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya all! I'm new here and have never been on a writer's forum, nor have I joined a writing group before--because I've only just recently started writing. But, is it okay if I just peek in on your group (once it's established) every once in awhile, to get a feel for what one is like? Then maybe opt to join later?

Status
Not open for further replies.