PDA

View Full Version : Interviewing your characters

Tiberius
02-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Inspired by something over in THIS (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21525) thread (specifically, THIS (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=381586&postcount=11) post by AZ Biker Girl), let's have a thread where we interview our characters.

So, ask them a question, then have your character answer them. And no, "What's your favorite colour?" or boring stuff like that. They've gotta be questions that really get into your character's heads. You never know, you might even find something new about them!

I'll start.

Kylie Schobel, you've been playing the piano ever since you were five, and you're almost sixteen. What made you choose the piano?

It's one of my earliest memories, actually. I was born in Vienna and lived there for the first five years of my life, and I remember going to the concert hall there. We saw a woman playing the piano with an orchestra and I was amazed at the way it sounded. I couldn't believe that one person was playing and matching music with all those other people. And the sound of the piano struck me too, the way it could be playing up high and sound all tinkly and then rush down low and sound dangerous and mean. It it could sound so clear and sweet and crisp, and then it was so richly textured. It was like no matter what the orchestra could do, the piano could do as well, like some kind of magic.

jaus tail
02-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Ajay, why did you leave your friends in the forest?

They were surrounded by monkeys. I'm glad I could free myself. No-way was I going back in that forest to save them. I'll make new friends but I'll never get another life.

reiver33
02-04-2014, 03:03 AM
Lucas, why did you shoot your half-sister in the throat?

Christ, what a question! The bitch had already shot me in the head and was reloading after plugging Cathy Furie five times in the chest. I was just lucky that piece of junk Luger didn't jam on me. Anyway, I stuck the gun in Cathy's hand and the cops gave me a pass on the whole deal.