• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Short Story Betas Needed: Horror, 7500 words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings. I had considered posting this to the SYW forum, but I think it's a tad too long.

This story of mine is my first "scary" story. I'm not very familiar with the genre or magazines that publish them (besides the one hosting the contest), but I'd like to submit it for a contest by the end of the month.

The story itself takes a very old archetype of the horror genre and attempts to present it in a different way.

I'm looking for betas who will:

- Provide honest feedback about the plot, concept, and execution.
- Suggest ways that the story could be improved.

Reply to this thread or PM for details and I will get you the file.

Thanks!

AriesEmily

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be willing to swap. I've got a 10K word novella. It's a 1.5 so I'm not sure if it will make sense, but I'm down to swap if you are.
Emily

CarbunkleFlux

Wow! What a mansion!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm down to beta read it for you. I've sent you a PM with my email address.

dondomat

Banned
Reaction score
Gentlemen (or ladies), both the 7.5K short story and the 10K novella are, by accepted definitions, "novelettes".
5-6K is a short story. 20-30K is a novella. In between resides the novelette.
Thank you for your attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.