Word Use

Jewel101

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, here's an exercise for everyone, everyone will post a word after responding to the word before yours by using it in a sentence. for example, Cat: I have a cat (Know that it won't be that easy). The more creative the more points NO GENERIC SENTENCE THAT DON"T CONVEY THE MEANING. (Sam was a abecedarian (10 points for the first one to tell me what that means))

Alright, first word
Convoluted
GO!

Prosthetic Foreheads

Registered
Reaction score
The student's research paper had so many unorganized facts, as well as poor grammar and sentence structure, that it was too convoluted to even grasp the overall topic.

Next word: eschew.

Spirit_Fire

Slow-burning Muse
Registered
Reaction score
I was about to look up 'eschew' in the dictionary, and changed my mind. It's best to avoid, shun, steer clear of, and have nothing to do with words like these.

Next word: Tribulation

Prosthetic Foreheads

Registered
Reaction score
That was clever, Spirit. Initially, I thought you glossed over my word and moved on to tribulation. I was going to condemn you to a period of pain and suffering for skipping eschew, until I re-read your second sentence.

Next word: convoke

Paint

Warrior of Truth
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can
Website
www.shawnk.com
I'm convoking a meeting of gang members and discussing upcoming changes in policy. Public Joe has learned all of our terminology and it is time for a change of language!

next word: triskaidekaphobia
so? I had to look up convoke

Jewel101

Registered
Reaction score
triskaidekaphobia? Who in gods name would be so very afraid of the number 13?

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
During the Pleistocene period, I wonder if human beings were fruitful and multiplied because killing large mammals provided an improved food supply or if humans merely benefited from fewer large mammals roaming the earth.

Next word: descimation

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
What ever the cause of the increase in human population during the pleistocene era, it was counter-balanced by the decimation caused by plagues and disasters of following eras.

mawkish

Anya Smith

House Dragon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alnitak-z-orionis.com
Word use

Ours was not stichomythia when we spoke in rhymes in our high school years, it was more for fun.

New word: quondam

Spirit_Fire

Slow-burning Muse
Registered
Reaction score
I just noticed that all the little birdies in this nest missed the word provided by Anya Smith (because of two posts at the same time): quondam. So I'll provide an answer.

I was formerly dismissed for knowing nothing about quandam physics.
(hey, a double joke!)

Nest word: phreatic
(another joke - I'm on a roll today!)

p.s. An abecedarium is an inscription consisting of the letters of the alphabet in order. Typically, abecedaria are practice exercises.

Last edited: