Blessed Imbolc!

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Imbolc is maybe my favorite cross-quarter.

This year since it coincides almost exactly with the Lunar (Chinese) New Year, and since the year is Wood Horse, there feels to be some real quickening going on, and boy do I need it.

:D

Deleted member 42

I keep meaning to put an Imbolc/Imbolg page up on my site.

I translated a piece from a tenth century text about a purification ritual associated with Imbolc that's incredibly similar to a Sanskrit text about purification.

I'm not even sure I have the two texts here; I suspect they're both thousands of miles away in my storage unit.

I notice local ewes are both "in the bag" (udders filled with milk) and "in the belly" (ready to lamb). We're having a very early spring.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I translated a piece from a tenth century text about a purification ritual associated with Imbolc that's incredibly similar to a Sanskrit text about purification.

I'm not even sure I have the two texts here; I suspect they're both thousands of miles away in my storage unit.

I notice local ewes are both "in the bag" (udders filled with milk) and "in the belly" (ready to lamb). We're having a very early spring.

That kind of thing gives me the shivers, in a good way. I hope you find those texts and I get to see that page. :)

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
OOOOH! I would love to see those transcripts!!!! Imbolc is one of my favorites as well. I had a lovely circle this morning with the sunrise and I plan to bake and clean and be merry today.
We are having an early spring but I feel a huge, late storm will come and freeze a bunch of stuff. I think we're going to have one hell of a cold snap in early March.

Gavin Aendless

Slightly caffeinated.
Registered
Reaction score
It's Lammas, for me here in Australia. :)

Although, with the local climate, it is really still the height of summer, and there'll be no early signs of autumn for several weeks yet.

Blessings to all...

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net

Thirding that I'd love to see this.

No signs of an early spring here. We just got another big dollop of snow, but I'll take the hope.

Belated happy Imbolc/Lammas to all.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score