Can a gold digger works as lead character in Erotic fiction?

M.N Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was thinking about writing a novelette in which is a hot and steamy erotic story about a gold digger falls in love with a gardener after mistaking him for a rich IT tech CEO. My question is can a gold digger work as a lead character? If so, have you seen any erotic novelettes containing gold diggers as their lead characters?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'd think it depends on the gold-digger's motivations and character. Do they have an honorable motive for wanting to marry money? Do they change for the better as a result of loving the gardener? Do you want to end this Happy For Now, with a relationship between them, or as an isolated encounter? Is the gold-digger a sympathetic character from the start, or an annoying one?

M.N Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
I'd think it depends on the gold-digger's motivations and character. Do they have an honorable motive for wanting to marry money? Do they change for the better as a result of loving the gardener? Do you want to end this Happy For Now, with a relationship between them, or as an isolated encounter? Is the gold-digger a sympathetic character from the start, or an annoying one?

Hello Fillgree, I was writing her as an sympathetic character who need to become a gold digger in order to pay for college. The relationship between the gold-digger and the gardener would grow into something serious.
Thank you for your help.

dangerousbill

Retired Illuminatus
Registered
Reaction score
My question is can a gold digger work as a lead character? If so, have you seen any erotic novelettes containing gold diggers as their lead characters?

Even Satan can be lead character. Go for it. Her motives don't have to be pure.

Just don't make her cardboard, ie, flat: all good, all bad, with no other interests and no history.

Lawrence Block wrote a successful series with a hit man as a lead character. He collects stamps as a hobby, and jokes and flirts with the woman who sets up the hits for him.