What body part would you sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
( I've been trying to convince people I'm nice and this is going to ruin that so much.....)

Ok, you've taken care of your nemisis, who now lies freshly dead on a bed of ice on a gurney in front of you. There is a surgeon with no morals who will willingly take out (off) one body part. There is a person in a black suit with a refrigerated case who will buy that body part from you once it is removed.

There are a few dozen people in the hall outside who, due to various tiffs with the Nemisis will also be allowed to 'sell' a body part as compensation for previous perfidity.

So Step right up and sell a body part! ( Which one would you want removed for sale to the dark man?)

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what my nemesis has done. Off top, I'm thinking tongue or eyes. I'd be pissed off to wake up and found I'd lost either of these.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
It pretty much has to be the heart, doesn't it? Sure, the brain is a possibility too, but the heart has historical literary appeal (Poe's Tell-Tale Heart), plus it makes a great sandwich on rye with swiss cheese, onions and hot mustard.
biggrin.gif

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
it would be even more fun if he were not dead but in some sort of coma..

in that case, eyelids would be especially cruel, or lips, the tongue perhaps?

Spirit_Fire

Slow-burning Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Could you make more money selling the cadaver whole, or as separate parts?

I say just go ahead a chop it up, sell the whole lot. First in, first served!

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If my nemesis is deceased, the manner in which I carve him means little. Maybe there's some personal satisfaction in cutting out his tongue, or removing his eyes with a spoon, but what do I really have to gain? I mean, the guy is dead, and dead is about as final as you can get in terms of revenge. (Unless I'm a real sicko, then I'll use the victim part-and-parcel to torment his family.

So, we appraoch this in a practical manner as Spirit Fire and Ol' Fashioned suggested. What is the Man in Black offering per slice of cadaver? Is there a price list? What parts are in demand? Do kidneys fetch more than the eyes? The market may collapse at any moment, so I want to make as much as I can, as quickly as I can.

Now, on the other hand, if my victim is still alive as Delarran suggested, that's a whole 'nutter can of spleen.

Last edited:

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Perks! Then, you could also charge yourself for liposuction fees! ;)

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
I know this is for fun but I'm lost on the motivation for cutting them up and selling pieces. Why the hell would you do this? Wanting them ground up, burnt asunder, stampeded, or flushed down the crapper I can see but cutting off pieces to sell?

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was also thinking of the motivation for the deed. I can "see" the act if a mysterious Man in Black somehow learns of the protags deep hatred for a foe, and plants the seeds of ultimate revenge coupled with opportunity for financial reward.

The protag already had motive, and opportunity. Now, with the potential benefactor in place, he has means. Not meaning the "means" to carry out the act, but rather the means to dispose of the body in increments and escape Justice, all while receiving monetary compensation for his efforts.

Due to lack of a synopsis, the current plot line might seem too much of a stretch. I think, however, one could easily work within the contraints of certain themes and the parameters of exisiting genres to contruct a workable plot.

Last edited:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll take a lung for $600. I know someone who could use one. Are these tissues guaranteed 'rejection-free'? :D

dlcharles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dlcharles.com
Sell anything a buyer is willing to pay for. On the table is a bundle of marketable merchandise, no more and no less. The cadaver has no say in the process, rather like the local butcher shop.

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya DL. What part of Arkansas? North, central, south?

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
LiamJackson said:
I was also thinking of the motivation for the deed. I can "see" the act if a mysterious Man in Black somehow learns of the protags deep hatred for a foe, and plants the seeds of ultimate revenge coupled with opportunity for financial reward.

The protag already had motive, and opportunity. Now, with the potential benefactor in place, he has means. Not meaning the "means" to carry out the act, but rather the means to dispose of the body in increments and escape Justice, all while receiving monetary compensation for his efforts.

Due to lack of a synopsis, the current plot line might seem too much of a stretch. I think, however, one could easily work within the contraints of certain themes and the parameters of exisiting genres to contruct a workable plot.

Hmmm... I'd take the right hands middle finger, as a last act of definance.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
LiamJackson said:

Liam! cool. I've seen your posts and you are a thinker ( Or I've been sniffing far too much nailpolish remover.)
As far as plot and synopsis. Look into your soul. Ok. Look at the beginning of this thread. What could have possibly happened to you and yours that you would not only have the body of your arch nemisis on a gurney in front of you, and not only have a person ready to buy the parts as you have them removed, but also to have all of those other people lined up behind you to get a piece of the action.

What do you think the person dead on ice has done specifically to you, yet indirectly to all of these other people, to make the gore worthwhile?

You see, I know what I'm thinking. ( tee hee tee hee...I've already written it down.) What are YOU thinking?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At the last minute, I’d decline the monetary offers and sell my hated nemesis to the Body Farm at the University of Tennessee, where he could literally rot!

dlcharles

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dlcharles.com
LiamJackson said:
Hiya DL. What part of Arkansas? North, central, south?

Salem - Between mountain Home and Jonesboro - five miles below the Missouri line. BTW - also a transplanted Texican - born and raised near Laredo.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
alleycat said:
At the last minute, I’d decline the monetary offers and sell my hated nemesis to the Body Farm at the University of Tennessee, where he could literally rot!

I like that idea. But of course it could lead to the forensics team being forced to exhume everybody on the farm while they are looking for.... Oh MY ALLEYCAT you have touched on something brilliant here! ( Your idea...mine is already written down)

Bob Dole

Registered
Reaction score
I would sell the heart because it is vital to the body so it would sell alittle higher

Status
Not open for further replies.