• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

In need of a beta/mentor

Status
Not open for further replies.

continuum9

Registered
Reaction score
I recently finished my first manuscript and I'm in need of a beta (preferably a mentor) to help me. I've made extensive revisions trying to make sure everything flows well and that all questions are answered. Now, I need a pair of fresh eyes to look it over and help me correct anything that seems out of place, whether it be with grammar, plot, or scientific inaccuracies.

I take criticism very well and will listen to anything that can help me make this as professional as possible. I want this story to be as great on paper as it is in my head.

Here's the hook for the story:

When characters from his favorite video game use his television as a portal to the real world, robotics engineer Daniel Petersen expected a technological apocalypse, not a technological romance.

As it stands now, the novel is 100,000 words.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help!

aestival

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aestival.wix.com
I'm not a scientist, and am not even scientifically inclined, but I do love the idea of your story. I can read it for you and tell you my thoughts at different points in the narrative. I'm very good with ideas. Also a sci-fi novel seems best to me when it doesn't get too bogged down with the science, and focuses more on what you're trying to say about life and the human condition. If interested in feedback, hit me up on email

aestival777 at g mail

Status
Not open for further replies.