• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Beacon Press

all4you33

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writerswhorock.com
Has anyone dealt with Ms Campbell at Beacon?
I am not sure if there has already been a thread about them or not. "Bewares," has been a tremendous help to me with my latest book. When I published my first book "Hungry For More" in 2006, there wasn't this kind of dialogue among writers.

Thanks in advance.

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Distributed by Random House. They're a non-profit press established in 1894 by the American Unitarian Association, now a department of the Unitarian Universalist Association. A browse through their books shows a strong emphasis on non-fiction over fiction.

Beacon Press is an independent publisher of serious non-fiction and fiction. Our books often change the way readers think about fundamental issues; they promote such values as freedom of speech and thought; diversity, religious pluralism, and anti-racism; and respect for diversity in all areas of life.
Our current publishing program emphasizes religion, history, current affairs, political science, gay/lesbian/gender studies, education, African-American studies, women's studies, child and family issues and nature and the environment. In 1993 Beacon was voted "Trade Publisher of the Year" by the Literary Market Place . In addition, Beacon and its authors have received National Book Awards, the American Book Award, the Christopher Award, the National Writers Union Golden Pen Award, the American Academy of Religion Award for Excellence in Book Publication, and the PEN New England L.L. Winship Award and Friend to Writers Award, and has been named the New England Publisher of the Year.
Has anyone dealt with Ms Campbell at Beacon?

I don't find any mention of a Ms. Campbell on Publishers Marketplace. Any idea what her role is there?

all4you33

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writerswhorock.com
Distributed by Random House. They're a non-profit press established in 1894 by the American Unitarian Association, now a department of the Unitarian Universalist Association. A browse through their books shows a strong emphasis on non-fiction over fiction.

I don't find any mention of a Ms. Campbell on Publishers Marketplace. Any idea what her role is there?
Ms. Campbell is an editor. I was referred to her by an author she published. I mentioned that in my query, but haven't heard back. It has been over 90 days. Should I take that as a reject?