2014 Reading Accountability

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Going off my last thread, "How Many Books Did You Read This Year," I'm going to post exactly what I read and when I finish!

First I read "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell.

Now I'm on chapter 7 of "The Hobbit."

What spines have you cracked open?

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
So far, I've read An Old Captivity by Nevil Shute, American Gods by Neil Gaimain, Infected by Scott Sigler, Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman, Forty Stories by Anton Chekhov and The Ocean at the End of the Lane, more Neil Gaimain. Right now, I'm working on The Best Horror of the Year Volume 5 edited by Ellen Datlow. I probably won't keep up this momentum for the whole year!

Squids

Battling the Sea
Registered
Reaction score
Going off my last thread, "How Many Books Did You Read This Year," I'm going to post exactly what I read and when I finish!

First I read "Lone Survivor" by Marcus Luttrell.

Great idea, and great choice for your first. You should also read "Service" by Marcus Luttrell. He talks about his return to combat after the events of Operation Red Wings as well as a more detailed description of his rescue to include a lot of information about the 160th S.O.A.R. guys that went through a lot of danger to get him out.

For me, my first is "The Martian Chronicles." I've read it before, but it was years ago, and I want to read it again.

AgentCooper

Renowned Hack
Registered
Reaction score
For 2014:
NOS4A2 by Joe Hill
A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin
Stardust by Neil Gaiman

I've got a couple more lined up on my Nook, and am working on A Clash of Kings by George RR Martin at present.