• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a Beta Reader for Two Short Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I wondered if anyone had the time or inclination to look at a couple of (longish) short stories? One is just over 7,300 words and the other is just short of 5,000. Both are mystery stories with a few supernatural elements, set in 1920s Prague, and both feature the same detective. I was trying out the characters and some ideas I had with the view to maybe writing a novel length story eventually.

I'm not looking for a line by line, although if there's anything glaring in terms of spelling or grammar mistakes it would be good to know (I work proofreading scripts for TV so I am usually quite good but occasionally something slips by). What I'm more interested in is just whether, overall, the stories and characters are interesting, even just a kind of general reader's opinion, anything at all really. I'm thinking of possibly submitting one of the stories to some magazines.

I'm more than willing to return the favour too.

If any more details are needed, let me know.
Thanks in advance.
Z

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
I'm willing to give it a go. I'm new to the site, and would frankly welcome the chance to read something that had nothing to do with my current project.

I'm working on my second novel, and am at the nitpicking line edit stage and it is very tiresome indeed. Let me know if you are interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.