PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about Baker Books

HSJRivers
03-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Christian writers:

I am usually on the greeting card forum, but wanted to ask something about Baker Books. About 8 years ago, I was in conversation with a children's editor at Baker Books about a book of children's sermons. We were making progress, but one day when I called to inquire about how things were going, I was told she was gone. There was somebody else there briefly, but can't remember who it was. Does anyone know if Baker Books has a children's book editor at present?

Thanks so much for any info you can provide.

Sherri

Robin Bayne
03-03-2006, 09:38 PM
No idea, but you might search for their website to see if there are staff listings.

TLHines
03-06-2006, 02:33 AM
My publisher, Bethany House, is a division of Baker--and I love 'em. Don't know much at all about the Baker side of things, but you might try to get a copy of Sally Stuart's "Christian Writer's Guide" (or find someone who has a current copy) to find an editor in charge of kids' books.

Betty W01
03-06-2006, 10:59 PM
I went here http://www.bakerpublishinggroup.com/ and it looks like either Revell or Bethany House is where you need to look for children's books. Try e-mailing them and aksing for the contact info for the children's books editor...

Pat~
03-15-2006, 03:51 AM
My Christian Writers' Market Guide 2006 states that Baker Books doesn't accept any freelance--only agented books. But, like Betty said, you might want to try Revell or Bethany House. (BTW, I had the chance to meet last October with the editor who's head of Baker/Revell, and you couldn't ask for a nicer editor. He doesn't even publish poetry, but patiently read 31 of my poems anyway--and gave very kind feedback.)