• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for Epic Fantasy beta-reader/partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

writer_mccall

Registered
Reaction score
Website
writermccall.weebly.com
So its almost been a month since I finished my first draft of my fantasy novel and I'm about to get back to it and rewrite and edit.
In anticipation of this I'd like to find some good beta-readers or even a more long term writing partner to get some critique so I can make it as good as it can be.
Warning-it is very long, currently standing at over 170,000 words, so if long books dissuade you then you may want to think before signing up.
It is set in a world of industrial age level technology but also has magic, fantastical creatures and the like.
I'm more than happy to read any material you have, I'm a very avid reader. The genres I read the most are fantasy, alternate history, sci-fi and horror. Also keen on speculative fiction

Last edited:

Delectability

Slave to the Squirrels...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey McCall,

I'll do it. I've previously been a beta here on AW and the length doesn't bother me. (I won't hesitate to start editing though). If you just want a read through and a proofread, then I will do that. If you want a copyedit, then I will do that.. just let me know.

I also write epic/high fantasy and I am continuously working down my wordcounts. I'm still finding if my non-epic/high fantasy voice is my actual writing voice and if I have to implement it into all of my works of fiction.

We could do a swap if you wanted. I've got a Epic fantasy and a paranormal fantasy. The only thing I can tell you is that my only qualm is if I can't get through it (it loses me) I will let you know and not finish it... I don't know if everyone else does that too..

Gari23

Registered
Reaction score
Interested.

Hey,

I also just finished my first draft and would like if we could give each other chapters at a time and critique and give each other feedback. PM me if interested, thanks. My book is an epic fantasy standing at about 100,000 words currently.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.