Why do I do this to myself

Anninyn

Stealing your twiglets.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fivesquids.co.uk
I have come to the realisation that all of the post-apocalyptic stories I have told/ want to tell exist in the same basic world. Not a connected series or anything like that, no, that would be too easy and marketable, apparently. Well done, Anninyn.

Hell, there's a series of connected short stories about two women in this world that I will never, ever sell because who wants to buy connected short stories?

Now I've got to work out a timeline and political stuff and build my post-apoc UK from the ground up so that everything fits and WHY DO I DO THIS WHY DO I MAKE MY WRITING LIFE AS DIFFICULT AS I CAN WHY AM I SO AMBITIOUS AND EXPERIMENTAL WITH WHAT I WRITE it is not doing me any good.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I have come to the realisation that all of the post-apocalyptic stories I have told/ want to tell exist in the same basic world. Not a connected series or anything like that, no, that would be too easy and marketable, apparently. Well done, Anninyn.

Hell, there's a series of connected short stories about two women in this world that I will never, ever sell because who wants to buy connected short stories?

Now I've got to work out a timeline and political stuff and build my post-apoc UK from the ground up so that everything fits and WHY DO I DO THIS WHY DO I MAKE MY WRITING LIFE AS DIFFICULT AS I CAN WHY AM I SO AMBITIOUS AND EXPERIMENTAL WITH WHAT I WRITE it is not doing me any good.

Better out than in, mate.