PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Top Three Favorite Colors?

Sabby
01-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Hello, I'm getting opinions for a color scheme that I'm working on. What are your top 3 favorite colors in order of importance? Also, please state whether you are male or female. Thanks!

Maryn
01-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Female. Deep blue, black, dark purple.

MythMonger
01-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Male: blue. light blue. dark blue.

Seriously.

mirandashell
01-07-2014, 09:23 PM
Can I ask what the colour scheme is for?

Cella
01-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Female; white, cream and evergreen

Cyia
01-07-2014, 09:36 PM
female. Aubergine, black, grey.

slhuang
01-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Scarlet, black, and gold.

Captcha
01-07-2014, 09:42 PM
I second the request for wanting to know the context of the colour scheme. Scarlet, black and gold sound gorgeous, but I don't think I'd put them in a baby's room. Deep blue, black, and dark purple would look great on clothes, but I wouldn't want my sunroom painted those colours...

Sabby
01-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Scarlet, black, and gold.

Are you male or female?

slhuang
01-07-2014, 09:44 PM
Scarlet, black and gold sound gorgeous, but I don't think I'd put them in a baby's room.

You wouldn't! *gasp* Whyever not! :roll:

I'm of the firm opinion that taupe is depressing and all hospitals should forget pastels in favor of jewel tones. :D And possibly black walls. (<-- only partially kidding....)

Sabby
01-07-2014, 09:45 PM
It's for a website color trim, but I want a general idea of what people like looking at.

Thanks for your responses! I'm learning a lot!

mirandashell
01-07-2014, 09:53 PM
Then you need to know what works on a screen. And take into account eyesight problems.

For instance, this site isn't the most exciting to look at but the blue is very easy on the eyes. Which means people stay around for longer.

I can spend a maximum of 5 minutes on a site that is white or yellow writing on a black background and then I get a headache.

slhuang
01-07-2014, 09:54 PM
It's for a website color trim, but I want a general idea of what people like looking at.

Trim you have a lot of options for. But make sure any chunks of text are dark on a light background. Black on white isn't the best choice -- a very dark gray (almost black) on a very light background (almost white) tends to work best for reading, according to my research. :)

Cyia
01-07-2014, 09:58 PM
This site is easier to read because of the tinted background, but a black background with red or white writing is the easiest for me most of the time. Black writing on white paper - or worse, a bright back-lit screen - makes the words run like rivers or start pulsing. Black on grey is awesome.

And, technically, for a baby room that appeals to baby rather than mom and dad, you're best going with Black, White, and Red. It's all they can see, but wouldn't sell nearly as many cuddly critter bed-sets. :D

mirandashell
01-07-2014, 10:01 PM
This site is easier to read because of the tinted background, but a black background with red or white writing is the easiest for me most of the time. Black writing on white paper - or worse, a bright back-lit screen - makes the words run like rivers or start pulsing. Black on grey is awesome.

And, technically, for a baby room that appeals to baby rather than mom and dad, you're best going with Black, White, and Red. It's all they can see, but wouldn't sell nearly as many cuddly critter bed-sets. :D

I did not know that about babies! Interesting.

mirandashell
01-07-2014, 10:01 PM
I have to admit that I have the brightness on my screen turned down as far as I can so I can still see it.

Cath
01-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Sabby, PM me with some more information on why you're asking please. Until then, I'm locking the thread.