Cody High School (Wyoming)

Adrianna Burch

Angry owl is judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I feel like such a creeper for asking, heheh, but I have a character about to finish high school at Cody High. She's literally getting her diploma the weekend the story opens.

What I want to know is: What do they do for marching practice at Cody High? When do seniors "finish" their year (AKA in my high school seniors finished classes two months before everyone else and had a week or so of marching practice before graduation and poof, they're done)? What is the general schedule of the day? Do the kids there have lunch bells (a bell rings and oh, it's A lunch, everyone in A lunch go eat, then one for B lunch, C lunch, ect.)? What time does/do lunch/es start? What time does a typical school day end?

Many thank yous to anyone who can answer :)

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
Why not go on the school's website and read the schedule for the year? I have step sibs in Casper and Cheyenne but haven't spoken to them in years. No drama just no parents in common anymore. Seems like my step-nieces and nephews got out in late May and had a formal graduation. In my high school, seniors go all year and get out one week before the other kids. They only practice for graduation once, but there are usually only 20-23 kids in the senior class. Better check out class sizes too---s6

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I thought I had camped in the Cody Senior High gym several summers ago, but it was in the Junior High School gym. A quick search engine check gave me the website to the high school's phone number and a schedule of the day (ending in December). That might give you some ideas. I recommend calling the main office (the phone number is listed on that web page). They can give you current information and perhaps other important info that you haven't considered.

Good luck.

Adrianna Burch

Angry owl is judging you.
Registered
Reaction score
You are geniuses. Thank you!

Last edited:

melindamusil

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I know nothing about Wyoming high schools, BUT...
You asked about several schedule things - what time the school day starts/ends and what time they go to lunch. I graduated from a midwest high school over a decade ago, and in that time, they've had at least 3 different schedules. Some years they'll do block scheduling (4 classes/day on alternating days). Some years they'll do a more traditional schedule (7 classes/day). They've even had years where the high school kids got out early on one or two days per week so the teachers could do continuing education stuff. Then of course, they've adjusted the start/end times of school depending on the needs of the bus company.

Point being - as far as schedules go, I think you have wide latitude. Schools adjust schedules frequently enough that you can adjust your schedule without getting into trouble.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What Melinda said. :) And for the record, while I graduated *coughcough* 20 years ago this year, we were doing a block schedule then in Wyoming. I live in Nebraska now, and the local high school is on a block schedule here, too. It seems to be a pretty popular option, but I've seen more traditional schedules, too.