1000 Words Down, A Whole Journey to Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

HobbitTon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I just passed the 1k word mark in my WIP, and even though that might not seem like much to you writing veterans, it means the world to me.

I'm a junior in high school, and I've always loved writing. I usually find myself giving up or going back and scratching everything out, but not this year. My writing resolution this year is to write at least 500 words a day and just keep on keeping on.

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, HobbitTon, and keep up the hard work. :)

HobbitTon

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for the encouragement! Do you all do anything special to keep yourself writing?

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Set a daily goal you know you can meet. 500 words is a good one, but if you find you can only hit 250 on a regular basis, better to go for that (or have it as a "fall-back" goal) than to get frustrated.

Daily production is the single biggest step toward learning the craft and producing that critical COMPLETED first draft. Only when you have the first draft can you learn the next biggest step, which is revision. Revision. Revision.

CGs on the good start! And remember, mood is irrelevant. Whether you think the day's work rocks or sucks is irrelevant. Get the words down, get the piece done, then fuss with it.

Canton

A tethered mind
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I just passed the 1k word mark in my WIP, and even though that might not seem like much to you writing veterans, it means the world to me.

I'm a junior in high school, and I've always loved writing. I usually find myself giving up or going back and scratching everything out, but not this year. My writing resolution this year is to write at least 500 words a day and just keep on keeping on.

Way to go, HobbitTon. That is an accomplishment, no doubt. I remember back in college being made to turn in 4,000-word papers. That was considered really huge and impressive right? Nah. I realized that when I wrote what I wanted to it was a lot more fun and I could write way more words. It's good to have goals, just be willing to be somewhat flexible as life will sometimes get in the way.

HobbitTon

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the support! And I totally agree. It's really tempting to go back and edit things, but yeah, I'm just trying to finish this haha. I will not make that same mistake again.

HobbitTon

Registered
Reaction score
2600 words later, chapter one is done. It's nowhere near perfect, but it's done, and I couldn't be any happier.

Corussa

I fight like a dairy farmer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations on finishing chapter one! :partyguy: And here's to many more. :)

HobbitTon

Registered
Reaction score
Finished Chapter 2, and I just clocked over 5k words. Wooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.