Did you eat too much holiday food?

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
For me, it was Lay's Potato Chips. I'm categorizing them as a holiday treat this year because someone left two big unopened 10 oz. bags of the stuff in my kitchen cabinet after last week's family gathering.

I hardly ever go overboard on snacks, but I ended up eating every last potato chip and potato crumb over the past few days. It's like the old Lay's TV commercial tagline: "No one can eat just one." That's why I polished off both bags all by myself.

The downside is that potato chips are extremely fattening and my waistline is quickly expanding at an alarming speed. Just a few minutes ago one of the buttons on my button-fly Levi's broke off and shot across the room like a bullet. (Seriously, it really happened!)

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did you aim?

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I don't usually overeat during the holidays. Thanksgiving I rarely have more than one normal sized plate. Sometimes I might eat more Christmas cookies than I should, but we didn't have time to make any this year.

That said, I underwent shoulder surgery on December 17th and since I'm laid up, I've had a hankerin' for peanut M&Ms. I'm on my third 2.6 pound bag.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I live in a house with someone who is a junk food addict, so for some reason my response has been to make pies and cookies and stuff, because if I have good treats around (made by me with ingredients I trust) I am way less tempted to munch on something full of HFCS and food coloring.

I'm amazed I still fit into all my clothes.

Also, my sister bought an extra five pound bag of potatoes, forgetting she'd already bought one the day before. So, in order not to let them rot, I made a potato casserole with stuff like sour cream and cream cheese in it. That got scarfed up real fast, I barely got my share!

So next I made scalloped potatoes. That got scarfed up even faster.

It's hard to overeat around here, with all the competition.

:ROFL:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Family and friends know I love chocolate. Unfortunately I couldn't resist the call of the candies and cookies that were smothered in deep dark chocolate.

My jeans are now on high alert for tearing at the seams.

But unlike Vito, no buttons popped (yet) and soared across the room.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But unlike Vito, no buttons popped (yet) and soared across the room.

I think he should try for another. It could become the new twerking.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Kylabelle, may i have the recipe to your scallopped potatoes?

Oh my we've had a lot of holiday food. Considering I've been off work since Dec. 16, I think I've done ok. I haven't had pancakes everyday, or stuff like that. Normal toast and egg breakfast most days. but becuase of a combination of "i see food as love" and our lack of funds this year, I baked christmas gifts, which meant lots of cookies and breads around the house, and pies. mmm pie. we still have a lot of xmas goodies waiting to be consumed. I fear I will never lose weight.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I think he should try for another. It could become the new twerking.

Yes indeed! Next time it happens, I'll shoot some live video and put it on YouTube. Then the video will go "viral" or whatever it's called and the kids will start doing it and then I'll be a superstar!

So it's back to the supermarket for more Lay's Potato Chips, and maybe some Cheetos and deep-fried pork rinds, just to make sure... ;)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stuffed mushrooms

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Recipes, recipes!

Stuffed mushrooms and rum cake, sounds like a meal. :D

ZachJPayne

Beware: #amQuerying
Registered
Reaction score
Website
zachjpayne.com
In the name of the quill, the ink, and the holy cooler, my last confession was several years ago.

I confess to polishing off the last of the soda (several bottles, over the course of a week and a half or so). I also confess to purchasing 42 ounce bags of peanut M&Ms and Starbursts.

That's actually not a bad year for me. :D And now, I'm off to the gym for my penance.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I know nothing of this "gym" you speak of.

:D

Exercise, for me, is walking two big rambunctious galumphing dogs every day, and then some days (like today probably) going back out and walking up to the stores and back. Often I come back with a bag of Hershey's Kisses or something but that's because the meanies put a Family Dollar store right there next to the grocery store.

Tsk.

Anyway, my next act of culinary excess is probably going to be in the shape of some kind of pie or other. Not today though.

Yasaibatake

is her own imaginary friend
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yes. Overeating is a year-round bad habit of mine, but the holidays mean one thing: Christmas cookies. Seriously, batch after batch after batch of cookies. Between me, my mom, and my boyfriend's mom, I have four gallon sized Ziploc bags stuffed full of cookies on my kitchen counters, and both moms still have enough to cover their respective dining room tables. Everything from regular chocolate chip cookies to eggnog-filled florentines, I have some.

Now...who wants some nice salad for lunch?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm moving in. I can help with the extra cookies!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I overate nearly every day. I'd start off being pretty good, but by evening, I blew it, day after day, as long as we had houseguests, which was nine days. We cooked favorite family meals, which are no longer what I eat on a typical day, baked desserts, drank a lot of wine (which inhibits my "you don't have to eat that" instinct), and had candy in dishes placed everywhere a human might sit.

The only good thing I did was this morning: I sent a bunch of Twix, Kisses, Hugs, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and other singly-wrapped candies to work with Mr. Maryn, who will abandon them in the break room. I'd rather waste ten bucks than gain ten pounds, you know?

Maryn, who cannot afford the gain

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
... I sent a bunch of Twix, Kisses, Hugs, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and other singly-wrapped candies to work with Mr. Maryn, who will abandon them in the break room.

Smooth move, Girlfriend, smooth move! ;)

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
After a family-urgent travel trip and the holidays ... um ... no. I didn't overeat at all.

*loosens belt to the next hole*

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For me, it was Lay's Potato Chips. I'm categorizing them as a holiday treat this year because someone left two big unopened 10 oz. bags of the stuff in my kitchen cabinet after last week's family gathering.

I hardly ever go overboard on snacks, but I ended up eating every last potato chip and potato crumb over the past few days. It's like the old Lay's TV commercial tagline: "No one can eat just one." That's why I polished off both bags all by myself.

The downside is that potato chips are extremely fattening and my waistline is quickly expanding at an alarming speed. Just a few minutes ago one of the buttons on my button-fly Levi's broke off and shot across the room like a bullet. (Seriously, it really happened!)

:roll:

*pokes Vito's tummy*

My holiday vice was chocolate. We got boxes upon boxes of it. They weren't even all that amazing, but I couldn't stop eating them. No exploding jeans though, because yoga pants. :D

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
Stuffed mushrooms

That sounds like a pretty healthy choice, unless they were stuffed with Twix, Hershey's Kisses, Reese's, rum cake, or...Lay's Potato Chips.

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
:roll:

*pokes Vito's tummy*

No exploding jeans though, because yoga pants. :D

Yeah, I think I might need to go for the 24-Hour Lounge Pants and Oversized T-Shirt game plan if I keep up the potato chips diet.