Fonts

Status
Not open for further replies.

WriterWho

Edit . . . Edit . . . Edit . . .
Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a user friendly website where I could create my own font - and own it? Or even a website where there are free fonts I could download?

CetiAlphaVI

Registered
Reaction score
www.fontsquirrel.com has a good selection of nice free fonts and most of them are licensed for use on nearly anything.

That is if you wanted free fonts. www.fontspring.com, font squirrel's sister site has a lot of nice pay fonts.

As far as making your own, there are several ways out there to do it ranging from cheap software to very expensive, but there is a lot of work involved and it is very time consuming and very tedious. Not to be tackled by the faint of heart.

eleutheria

Registered
Reaction score
There's also http://www.dafont.com/. From their FAQ about usage, The fonts presented on this website are their authors' property, and are either freeware, shareware, demo versions or public domain. The licence mentioned above the download button is just an indication. Please look at the readme-files in the archives or check the indicated author's website for details, and contact him if in doubt.
If no author/licence is indicated that's because we don't have information, that doesn't mean it's free.

I've seen free for commercial use fonts there, and I've also seen pay amounts for a commercial license as low as five dollars. You've just got to be careful about reading the fine print. :)

CetiAlphaVI

Registered
Reaction score
I agree completely. I was considering mentioning dafont, but they will pretty much put any font on their site. I know fontsquirrel/fontspring pick through and only put up the best of the best usually, and they verify the licensing and all. They have a great setup for webfonts also that I have used quite a bit. There's other good sites also, but there is a bunch of junk out there and it's hard to tell if the fonts are pirated sometimes. Just be careful to avoid pirated fonts and also to avoid hurting our eyes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.