Your Work In Progress Page, and publication page?

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
I currently use Duotrope as I have a year subscription in progress, but The Submissions Grinder is a terrific tracking tool and is free.

ETA - sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were looking for a way to organize and track, not post.

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
FWIW, I only list my published works on my webpage, mostly because I tend to have a lot of things half-finished at a time, and I don't want to look unfocused or disorganized about my writing process (even if it IS both those things) to any prospective agents/editors looking at my site.

Pushingfordream

Writing about life!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danielwallock.com
FWIW, I only list my published works on my webpage, mostly because I tend to have a lot of things half-finished at a time, and I don't want to look unfocused or disorganized about my writing process (even if it IS both those things) to any prospective agents/editors looking at my site.

Thanks for the reply, I will check out your page!

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
I recently put together a modest Wordpress site so readers could get links to my published stories.

I used a really simple text layout, both because I wanted to keep the focus on the writing and the stories, and because I’m seriously techno-inept. (So no blinking graphics, cute pictures of cats playing the piano, etc. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.)

Here’s a link to the home page. (It's also linked in my signature line below.) From the home page, the header links will take you to the story summaries and links.

Best wishes,
Peter DiChellis

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
Hey everyone I am looking to reformat my work in progress page on my website and publication page. I wanted to get links or pictures of a few examples on how you keep track you all your work/on submission/published.

http://s14.postimg.org/a2xwk9nht/Screen_Shot_2013_12_30_at_6_20_01_PM.png

I keep track of submissions and WIP privately. Nobody else needs to know that stuff :)

I list sales on a bibliography page on my site here:-

http://www.williammeikle.com/bibliography.html

mgherron

Scribbler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mgherron.com
Hey everyone I am looking to reformat my work in progress page on my website and publication page. I wanted to get links or pictures of a few examples on how you keep track you all your work/on submission/published.

http://s14.postimg.org/a2xwk9nht/Screen_Shot_2013_12_30_at_6_20_01_PM.png

By all means, keep a list of what you're working on and what phase your stories are in for your own personal benefit, but I think a lot of people misuse websites and blogs for stuff like that, like the fellows above said.

The WIP list should be pinned to a cork board next to your desk. Only published work should go on your professional website, IMO.