• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta: Zero and the Firebreak Rebellion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oromashu

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! I am looking for Beta Readers for my novel, Zero and the Firebreak Rebellion.

Genre: Fantasy with sci-fi elements. The story is set in the year 2070 on an alternate Earth.
Category: YA
Word count: 85k
What kind of feedback I'm looking for: Please be direct and honest about any problems or issues you find. I want to make this book the best it can be.

Here's the query to give a basic idea about the plot:

Sixteen-year-old Beatrice “Beat” Zero returns home and discovers her mom transformed into a tree. On one of the branches is a note: Find Firebreak. Has cure.

Firebreak is a sorceress leading a murderous campaign against the imperial city. To infiltrate her hideout, Beat pretends to be a new recruit. But Firebreak isn’t evil like the wanted posters say. She’s working to expose the secrets behind the imperials’ oppressive regime. In the name of unification, they’re enslaving the populace.

Unfortunately Firebreak thinks Beat is an imperial spy. To gain her trust, Beat intercepts a caravan headed for the imperial city and distributes the food to the impoverished masses. She begins to share Firebreak’s thirst for justice.

But then Beat finds Firebreak’s diary and the secret about her mom’s cure. It requires the life-force of a powerful sorceress. With the rebels itching to bring down the imperials, Beat has to make an impossible choice: her mom’s freedom or saving her country.

ZERO AND THE FIREBREAK REBELLION is a 90,000-word YA fantasy with sci-fi elements.

Here's the first chapter so you can get an idea of my writing style: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282614

PM me if you're interested or would like to know more.

Thanks!

WriteRex

Registered
Reaction score
Intriguing plot. Though, if I were Beat, I would save my country and that in turn would save my mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.