Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

I really enjoyed the London meet in September, even though it took a few of us a while to realise who we were (I had been standing beside several members for a good hour) and I've decided to try and set another one up.

Update: 23/03/14

As some of us are unavailable in April, I have decided to postpone the meet until mid-late May. The date is yet to be decided, but it will likely be on any of these weekends:

17th/18th May
24th/25th May
31st May/1st June

Update: 02/04/14

The venue is also still up for discussion. The George On The Strand have confirmed that they are unavailable due to refurbishment. I have also found this website which has pubs with function rooms close to the busier stations:

http://www.traditionalpubslondon.co.uk/

All ideas and suggestions welcome :)

Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
The George is being refurbished so may not be available for a while.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
You might also want to avoid 19 April as it is Easter weekend. Some of us may well be at Eastercon then, which is in Glasgow.

Mirandashell was looking into organising a Birmingham meet-up - I don't know when that would be, and how far advanced her plans are.

Last edited:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
I missed the last meet, and I hope to be able to come to the next one.

The George is out at present, and we're unable to book it for our writing group meets this year as well. We are endeavouring to find a new venue. If we find something suitable, perhaps it can be used for the meet!

Shara

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I'm provisionally up for it but my funds are pretty much spoken for at the moment so I'll let you good people decide on dates and see if I can work around it.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I could get to Brum. I'd probably combine it with meeting up with some of my Midlands friends.

gothicangel

Toughen up.
Registered
Reaction score
I would have to drop out (again) as I'll be back at English Heritage, and no way will I get weekends off running up to Easter!

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
Is it safe to say April 12th? Or should we give it a bit more time and see what happens. No one has replied in a month, but my last thread didn't really kick off until about a week before.

Also, I (being the lazy bastard I am) haven't yet found a new venue, so if anyone can think of any we can look into it. Function rooms optional (I'll probably forget to book it anyways lol).

I am a terrible planner.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, what does this meet involve?

Showing up. Literally, you can stay for as long or as short as you like. Last time, even though I hosted it, I left sometime late afternoon. To my knowledge, the meet continued for a good few hours after that.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
It usually involves some beer (or beverage of your choice), perhaps pork scratchings or, if we're pushing the boat out, some chips. Sometimes a few of us go to dinner afterwards. We always talk shit.

Once it involved a four foot inflatable penis (not ours I hasten to add!), but that's another story...

It never involves any belly dancing, karaoke or axe murdering. I promise. Cross my heart and hope to die.

I think they bought it. Do you think they bought it?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
The 12th coincides with the meeting of the writers group shara refers to above. But if that's best for the majority, some of us will be coming along afterwards, i.e. earlyish evening.

The 5th or the 26th is entirely free for me, personally. But go with the majority.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
The 12th coincides with the meeting of the writers group shara refers to above. But if that's best for the majority, some of us will be coming along afterwards, i.e. earlyish evening.

The 5th or the 26th is entirely free for me, personally. But go with the majority.

Perhaps the later the better? We still have plenty of time to book a date, I suppose what we really need is a venue. Shall we keep it in the same kind of area? Or would somewhere like Victoria/Waterloo be easier for people to get to as they are the major stations.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I was hoping to make it next month, but a few things (money, house, work) mean it's not happening. Have a good one.

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
So close. I'll be in London on the 11th, but I fly out for New Delhi that night. So close and yet so far.

It would be so nice to meet up with some of you.

JFitchett92

Registered
Reaction score
I'm starting to see a pattern of people who can't make it in April. How would people feel about pushing the meet back a few weeks so we can to accommodate as many people as possible? Somewhere in the middle of May, for instance.

Everyone has a say in wheres and whens :)

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
I know I haven't been round much lately (sorry - I'm writing - honest! just not AWing much) and so my opinion might not carry much weight but there's no way I could get to an April meet now. If you guys decide on a date in the latter part of May I might be able to come assist with the noble aim of reducing the quantity of beer in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.