• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Readers wanted for a contep. fantasy novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

baileycakes14

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I am looking for a few beta-readers for my 98,000ish-word, New Adult (I think) contemporary fantasy novel. It's currently in its third draft and I’m looking for the big-overarching things like plot, characterization, etc. rather than a line-by-line critique. I am more than happy to reciprocate and beta-read your work if you like, but at the moment the most I could read is 2 WIPs, so it really depends on who replies to me and when.

I would also prefer to have someone who writes in a similar genre (both as a beta-reader and as a WIP for me to read). So urban fantasy, sci-fi, fantasy, dystopian, horror, stuff like that. Basically I’d like to avoid non-fiction/memoir stuff. I just feel that I would be more helpful in those genres. But of course, beggars can’t be choosers, so if you’re interested odds are I won’t turn you away. :)

Anyway, PM me if you’re interested and I’ll send you a book-blurb sort of thing (and you can send me yours if you like) and if we feel like it’s a good match, we can exchange emails.

Thanks!

baileycakes14

Registered
Reaction score
Update:

It looks like I've found a couple WIPs to read and review over the next few weeks, so I probably won't be looking for more reading until the middle/end of January. Of course, if you would still like to beta read for me, I wouldn't turn you away. I would just owe you a HUGE favor somewhere down the line, like reading and reviewing your WIP at a later date, which, of course, I would be more than happy to do. :)

So again, if you're interested, please PM me and we'll work something out!

Status
Not open for further replies.