• Read this: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?288931-Guidelines-for-Participation-in-Outwitting-Writer-s-Block

before you post.

All the Meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote like 10 K words in five days and then my brain just NOPED so hard.

Blahhh.
This is sort of normal, isn't it?
I think I just need to get out more and stuff. :/
What do you guys do when everything just slows to a crawl?

Dani79

Registered
Reaction score
Website
daniellengales.com
Normal enough. I mean, it's good to have the discipline to sit there every day, but for me, some days it just ain't going to happen.

Take time out. Read lots. Work on something else for a few days. You might just need some time away. Find some shiny things to distract your subconscious with, so that you can return fresh with some perspective, and recover your enthusiasm/will.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I used to hate not writing. Now I'm just happy if I do something on my ms. Anything to move it along.

Maybe cut down your writing speed. Sounds like you're burning yourself out a little. It's okay to even write 100 to 500 words a day. Praise yourself for at least doing something...even if it's changing a word or two. It's okay to write less.

And I agree with Dani, read lots and try to regenerate that way.

Last edited:

Rotes

Crazy Opossum Lady
Registered
Reaction score
I'm surprised to say 12 hours of sleep induced by unisom pretty much did the trick.
Sleep is a glorious thing.
Reading does help a lot! I actually bought a novel I saw in somebody's sig for my sister as an Xmas present this year.
Cool beans.

BrightSera

Neurotic Supernova
Registered
Reaction score
In a land far away filled with dark and stormy nig
I'm surprised to say 12 hours of sleep induced by unisom pretty much did the trick.
Reading does help a lot! I actually bought a novel I saw in somebody's sig for my sister as an Xmas present this year.
Cool beans.

Isn't that marvelous? I love the magic power of sleep to re-set the brain.

buz

edits all posts at least four times
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Indeed :)

While you're awake and learning and working, neurons in your brain forge connections to each other. After a certain point, though, they get oversaturated on their connections and sort of hit the limit for learning processes. Sleep resets that--reduces the connections again so you can form new ones in the morning. :)

...I always forget this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.