Signed with reputable literary agent, FINALLY!

Daughter of Faulkner

Always a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysite.verizon.net
:Sun:
Greetings Fellow Writers,
Thank you for sharing on this board. I read your posts all the time for comfort and help.

:Jump:
I am happy to FINALLY write that I have a real, deal literary agent with a contract in hand. I am not counting my pennies or on my way to the bank to make a deposit just yet for I know that he may not be able to sell the work because there are no guarantees in an author's world however I will "hope" for the best until told otherwise for this is the closest I have ever been to becomming a published novelist.

I wrote a heartfelt, truthful letter to an author who has 30+ books that I felt had a kindred spirit to my work and he recommended me to his agent who said his author only recommended one, if that, new author with promise to him a year.
I had never done this before and it has been the most wonderful experience for me. Even if he is not able to sell my work, I believe that I am a better person already just by knowing him and working with him.

Don't give up on your dream of becomming an author or finding an agent. It has been the most difficult journey of my life :e2drown: and I suspect it has only just begun.
May God bless you everyone with all good things today and always!
:e2grouphu

Shiraz

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Wonderful news! Good luck with the next step and here's hoping you have tons and tons of sales WHEN it gets published (not if).

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
That's really fantastic news! May this be the first in a long string of successes!

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
Thanks so much for sharing that with us! It's so exciting and inspiring to hear such a story! Keep us posted on your future successes! :Thumbs:

Melina

maggie2

Registered
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Way to go!
emotePartySmiley.gif

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, DF, wonderful news and hope he sells it and it's a bestseller! Way2go and congrats!

Daughter of Faulkner

Always a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysite.verizon.net
Thanks everyone!

Everything I have ever read about what an agent is suppose to be to an author mine is.
Even if he is not able to sell the work (s) I believe I will be a better person and author having known him.
:Sun:

Take care and :thankyou:.

:PartySmil :TheWave: :Trophy:

Tilly

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, that's wonderful!:snoopy:

Last edited:

Daughter of Faulkner

Always a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysite.verizon.net
Thank you Cathy C!

Greetings Sister Author,
:hi:

My agent will be sending the package shorty as an exclusive read. An Editor in NYC is awaiting the mss. The Editor has already read a sample and requested the entire mss. We will know within 3-4 weeks if they make an offer then I will board a plane and off I go . . .

:e2photo: :e2faint:

As always I will hope for the best until told otherwise. Do say prayers for me for I must learn to swim amid the deep waters of NYC.

:e2drown:
My very best wishes I send your way!
:Trophy:

Take care.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, and best wishes for a speedy sale!

Daughter of Faulkner

Always a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysite.verizon.net
The BEST thing that ever happened to me

Greetings and many thanks to everyone for good wishes!
Although this happened about 6 weeks ago, my agent is still the BEST thing that has ever happened to me and I want to keep him forever.

The NYC Editor is in the process of making up the mind, etc. We were told that it would be any day now... I am comfortable with waiting it out. No stress here for I have waited ALL of my adult life for a break and this is the closest I have ever been. In short, I can wait it out. Can always cry later (if it comes to that) then move onto the next submission.

Since my neighbor, the Harvard author, has disgraced herself with her first novel, contract, I was hoping to get an offer of $500,000+ for my dual submission. I could find redemption in a deal like that, couldn't you?!
Redemption for myself not her. She is on her own just like the rest of us. Listen, I could show the world I was a real original writer with a BIG smile with that sweet of a deal, couldn't you?!

Take care.
Keep writing!
:e2BIC: