PDA

View Full Version : I'm ready to submit

daddydowop
02-28-2006, 09:02 PM
If you reply to this post I thank you in advance for taking the time.
Yes, I'm ready to submit my stories but confused as to where or who might be interested in them. Here's a quick over view of what I've written.

I was raised in the French Quater of New Orleans during the 50's. A strange place for a only child w/ a single mom to grow up. When not with mom or in school the FQ was my playground. I had a number of unusual 'adventures' & exposure to some really strange individuals growing up.

I have 3 non-fiction stories pertaining to the above time. For what it's worth (and that's not much as most of us know) friends & family say they are very funny & a good read. Word count is from 4-5600 wds. So, what I want to know is....... What publications or magazines might be interested in stories about a 10 year old kid misbehavening adventures in the sin city of the south? Any input will be warmly appreciated. Thanks DDW

awatkins
03-11-2006, 05:14 AM
Hello :)

If you haven't already, you might try posting this in Freelance--it's possible you'll get some suggestions there. You'll also find a listing of markets stickied to the top of that forum. Good luck!

Anne

daddydowop
03-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks Ann. I wiil follow your advice & see what response I get. Daddydowop

awatkins
03-13-2006, 03:06 AM
You're welcome. :)

I saw your post in Freelancing and it looks like you're getting some great comments! Good luck with your project. It sounds interesting.