PDA

View Full Version : Any Autistic AWers Out There?

SamuraiHex
12-23-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm autistic (got aspergers) and was just wondering if their was anyone like me or similar to me out there on the forums. :)

Rotes
12-23-2013, 02:39 AM
My psychiatrist said I might have aspergers.

Caitlin Black
12-23-2013, 03:39 AM
I've met several Asperger's people on AW, so they are out there, yes. Hang around often enough (especially in the "chat" type threads) and you're bound to meet some of them. :)

(I'm not going to say their usernames, because I'm not sure how open they are about having Asperger's, so I'll respect their privacy until told otherwise. :))

Mr Flibble
12-23-2013, 05:18 AM
(I'm not going to say their usernames, because I'm not sure how open they are about having Asperger's, so I'll respect their privacy until told otherwise. :))

Exactly -- it's not for me to name them, but several members have said they are on the spectrum. (And at least one mod has a family member on the spectrum) IIRC

You're in good company, because the forum welcomes everyone. Oh, and hello and pleased to meet you. :D

Lavern08
12-26-2013, 05:59 PM
My hubby works with kids who have Asperger's - If that counts? :hi:

GraceR
12-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Two of my kids are in the spectrum. They're such smart, wonderful boys (and I'm not biased at all) :)

alexaherself
12-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Whenever I do psychometric tests, the results always show that I "ought to have Asperger's" and I seem to have some of the hallmark characteristics and might be somewhere on the spectrum, I think, maybe toward the lower end ... but I'm not sure I really believe in it as an accurate diagnostic criterion anyway.

Gossip of the day: the incidence of Asperger's among college professors is higher than it is in the general population. ;)