PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any odd or nerdy hobbies?

DLacy
12-21-2013, 11:08 AM
I do, and I can't just pursue one thing, so I have to divide my time (and money) between them.

My nerdy hobby list includes:
Doctor Who
pc gaming
reading the occasional manga or comic book
watching anime
listening to k-pop
oogling asian ball-jointed dolls
I also used to do RPG

How about you?

Xelebes
12-21-2013, 11:52 AM
I build databases with fictional data. It's better than actually playing NHL14. :)

Pushingfordream
12-21-2013, 11:53 AM
I like maintaining fish tanks. (though I haven't done it in awhile)

ZachJPayne
12-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Sometimes, when I'm really bored, I'll crack open Finale and transcribe some pop songs from PDF. I don't know why the hell I do it, as I'm not a very good vocalist or anything (though I enjoy singing!), and most of these songs are so far out of my singing ability, it's pathetically funny.

I also love Doctor Who, Bones, Glee, Agents of Shield; and I may have a fixation with Judge Judy, who I share a birthday with (just the day, not the year :p )

Caitlin Black
12-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Past nerdy hobby: Warhammer 40k tabletop wargaming.

Lately, I've been wanting to learn how to build PCs. I think when money allows, I'm going to give that a good attempt. I don't really have hobbies right now. Not had much spare cash till recently.

DeadCities
12-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I don't know if it's odd or nerdy, but Diablo 3 has taken over my life lately. :P I used to make AMV's (anime music videos) and just recently I've begun investing in a serious book collection (by serious, I mean "more than I could possibly read in 3 lifetimes") but I think most people here share in that. I'm also a huge Game of thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire geek, I mean, I can spew the most meaningless trivia of any minor character you could name.

Scribbler214
12-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Oh wow...Well I used to play WoW from Vanilla all the way through to Wrath of the Lich King. I was an endgamer, but got tired of the constant reskinning of monsters for expansions packs.

I write for a nerd online zine: Searching For Superwomen - Geek Girls Getting Loud (www.searchingforsuperwomen.com)

I mostly do the fandoms. I'm a huge Supernatural fan, as well as Once Upon a Time and OUaT in Wonderland, Sleepy Hollow, Being Human, Lost Girl, Bitten by Kelley Armstrong is also about to be a TV series, Agents of SHIELD -

Oh that reminds me, I also love comics. I used to only read the dark ones such as Lenore the Dead Girl, but recently I've gotten into the new Hawkeye, Young Avengers, and X23 which chronicles the birth and life of Wolverine's daughter via cloning his DNA.

I love Archery - and this was before Katniss was even known. Though I haven't used my bow in about two years.

I also liked text based RPG on forums, mostly original fantasy or SPN fandom.

Annnd I think that's enough geekery from me.

regdog
12-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Transformers, Star Wars, Lord of Rings are more than hobbies for me and they don't make me nerdy, they're what make me cool. :)

DGamelan
12-21-2013, 03:19 PM
I like costuming, both historical and fantasy. I've begun my fifth costume and am just as excited for it as I am my previous ones.

Something I love doing is teaching myself to do things. HTML & CSS, PHP, knitting, nålbinding, sewing, pattern drafting, and so on. I try to keep up on practicing German. I also like to create art, but I haven't anything portfolio-worthy at the moment. I love stories with a lot of symbolism and the series/character essays that naturally come out of it. On top of everything I am a huge mythology nerd and love stories about gods (I sob while playing Okami every time).

Maggie Maxwell
12-21-2013, 07:20 PM
I build databases with fictional data. It's better than actually playing NHL14. :)

I've built databases to track all the videogames I have. It puts the FUN in functional. :tongue

I enjoy web and database design/coding, reading comics (web or book) and almost anything Marvel related, video games, playing tabletop RPGs (pathfinder and D&D), and I'd love to get into cosplay but have no known skills for making anything at the moment.

Chase
12-21-2013, 08:43 PM
We collect a regularly enjoy old black & white mystery movies with subtitles: The Thin Man, Charlie Chan, Nancy Drew, Perry Mason, Mr. and Mrs. North, Mr. Moto, This Gun for Hire, oh so many more.

More anti-nerd, we collect and refurbish old oil lamps and light them during power outages so our neighbors come and ask why we're lit up like Times Square on New Year's Eve. :flamethrower

Ken
12-21-2013, 09:06 PM
... mutilated coins. Whenever I get one that is mucked up or bent or really grimy I save it. Got about two dozen all told.

Wicked
12-21-2013, 09:19 PM
I raise tarantulas.

Chase
12-21-2013, 09:25 PM
I raise tarantulas.

You probably root for the spiders in old B&W horror flicks, Tarantula and The Incredible Shrinking Man. :D

Wicked
12-21-2013, 09:27 PM
You probably root for the spiders in old B&W horror flicks, Tarantula and The Incredible Shrinking Man. :D

Doesn't everybody root for the underdog? :D

Ona Mission
12-21-2013, 10:07 PM
I collect medieval weapons. OK, stop looking at me like that. I don't dress up and go to the battles or anything like that. But I love the weapons themselves. I've been dying to get a studded mace, but they're illegal here. Who'da thunk?

Siri Kirpal
12-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Spider Solitaire
Sudoku
And the really weird one: looking at house plans (no I'm not planning on building)

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Brightdreamer
12-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Writing's about the only hobby I can afford right now... That and reading.

I've also been known to:
- Draw
- Make things out of Paperclay or other reasonably cheap sculpting media
- Play computer games
- Collect dragons and griffins
- "Play" the pennywhistle (what I do can hardly be called music proper...)
- Toying with websites
- Take pictures of things (again, what I do can hardly be called photography proper...)

DLacy
12-22-2013, 12:59 AM
Loving you guys' hobbies and the variety! Regdog, you're right. They do make us pretty cool.

I knew, when I posted this thread, that I'd get some other gamer, Rper, comic-book reading people, but there'd also be the eclectic historic costume and weapon appreciators (I love old swords and daggers), the tech-savvy and the nature-loving. We are a really diverse crowd. I'm actually surprised there wasn't a thread like this on the forum already.

Some of my hobbies I don't pursue right now. I'm dying to game again in Fallout3, League of Legends (with the 13yo nephew), or Alice: Madness Returns. Plus I still haven't finished any of the Bioshocks. (yea, gaming has sort of gone on the back-burner)

I draw all the time, but I don't consider it a hobby. Still working on selling the sketches I did for my personal sketch challenge in November.

About once a year I get bitten by the BJD bug and have to go look at any gorgeous new doll sculpts or new companies. I just can't get as invested as the rest of the hobbyists. I can't afford to. (And I can't justify the expense.)

Is there a guilty pleasure hobby you do rarely because you simply can't afford it?

Caitlin Black
12-22-2013, 01:12 AM
And the really weird one: looking at house plans (no I'm not planning on building)

I, on the other hand, love drawing up house plans on the assumption that I'll build one day. Everything from a 3-storey mansion to an economic 2-bedroom flat. It's actually fun drawing up the plans and imagining living in those places. :) (I don't add, like, plumbing and electrical stuff - just the floor plan.)

Is there a guilty pleasure hobby you do rarely because you simply can't afford it?

Hmm. Collecting guitars? I know I *want* to collect guitars, but I can't afford them or justify the expense, and I've got nowhere to put them.

Also, the aforementioned Warhammer 40k. Last year I bought a starter pack for a new army, and would like to start collecting the new army some more. But it would cost thousands to get the army I want, which isn't happening. Plus, very rarely do I have the time to put the miniatures together and paint them...

Maggie Maxwell
12-22-2013, 02:29 AM

Nothing so weird about that. My mother and I used to use a computer program to design house plans when I was a kid. Tons of fun.

A hobby I have always wanted to try and never done: dollhouse accessory design. It's just always seemed so interesting to make small-scale furniture and food and things, but I've never really looked into the required skills and tools.

I also collect old editions of famous books, for the "rarely done because money" question. Pre-1900s, or at least pre-copyright date requirements usually.

Siri Kirpal
12-22-2013, 03:02 AM
I, on the other hand, love drawing up house plans on the assumption that I'll build one day. Everything from a 3-storey mansion to an economic 2-bedroom flat. It's actually fun drawing up the plans and imagining living in those places. :) (I don't add, like, plumbing and electrical stuff - just the floor plan.)

Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

I used to draw them up too, but now prefer to do that in my head. And yes, we did plan to build once upon a very long time ago. But I started drawing up plans and poring over house plans long before I had any real thought of building. Like you, it was just so much fun to imagine living in someplace other than where I was. Now, I think it's a way for me to put my house in order. It's also not a bad hobby for a writer to have, useful to have those mental houses around for scene building.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Mr Flibble
12-22-2013, 03:09 AM
Everyone I know does at least one of those (or other "nerdy" things)

so I don't consider them nerdy, I consider them normal

Caitlin Black
12-22-2013, 03:30 AM
I used to draw them up too, but now prefer to do that in my head. And yes, we did plan to build once upon a very long time ago. But I started drawing up plans and poring over house plans long before I had any real thought of building. Like you, it was just so much fun to imagine living in someplace other than where I was. Now, I think it's a way for me to put my house in order. It's also not a bad hobby for a writer to have, useful to have those mental houses around for scene building.

Mmm, I'm not sure if I will ever have a house built. The locations I want to live in (in this state at least) don't have many vacant blocks, and those are being snatched up quickly. So I'd likely buy an existing house, when I have such money. But still... It is fun to imagine different houses. :)

I actually have an old math notebook (no math in it - I just mean it has the graph paper with lots of little squares for plotting out things) with some of my designs in it. I've never quite managed to figure out the "perfect" design for me. It's usually the hallways that mess everything up, and doors. Like, "Oh, I want this room next to that room, and then the kitchen over here... But how do I move around in there? Oops..."

But you can see how my priorities have changed over the years by looking at the designs. The very first one had a bar area, but I no longer drink, so new designs don't need the bar.

And yes - I've used one of my designs for a character's house in a novel. :) Actually, it was the one with the big bar in it.

Tazlima
12-22-2013, 03:41 AM
At the moment, juggling and women's barbershop singing.

In my early twenties I also learned a wide assortment of freakshow staples (fire spinning, fire-eating, glass-walking, the human blockhead trick, etc). I'm out of practice these days, since I moved to an area with far less call for such skills, but I still have all my fire gear just in case there's need.

Channy
12-22-2013, 03:42 AM
I like a lot of nostalgia fed goodies from my past. Personal hobbies include:

- Wide collection of Final Fantasy VII action figures, models, collectable or anniversary exclusives, vinyls, books, games, aaannnd... custom commission items. (Of which I've probably devoted 8 years and 12K CAD dollars. But that's like pennies to regular currency. :D)
- Super Mario oriented knick knacks and commission items
- BJD's, specifically the Dollfie Dream models.. just a few though of favourite characters from limited runs

Me and my other half also have two fish tanks which we like to devote ourselves to... one fresh water, one salt. The fresh also has our turtle which is only a year old now but he's my buddy (in lieu of the absence of my cat that I can't have here until we move to a bigger house). And a snake.

DLacy
12-22-2013, 06:42 AM

I somehow misread this as "looking at houseplants". Conjured up some very interesting mental images.

DLacy
12-22-2013, 06:47 AM
- BJD's, specifically the Dollfie Dream models.. just a few though of favourite characters from limited runs

Have you ever been on Den of Angels forums?

Rotes
12-22-2013, 10:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kdkHGYG.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/dtvSNar.jpg

Maggie Maxwell
12-22-2013, 06:33 PM
(heart dissection)

Rotes, those pictures (first thing in the morning, hello) plus the quotes in your signature have me slightly concerned...

(Honestly, though, now THAT is a strangely fascinating hobby! Can you tell us more about it, like how and why?)

Channy
12-23-2013, 12:53 AM
Have you ever been on Den of Angels forums?

Nay. From what I understand they're a pretty exclusive bunch. I lurked here and there, from what could be lurked anyway through cached google searches. I had a fairly reputable member commission me an Aerith dollfie and was thinking of KOS-MOS or Hatsune Miku and then they were both announced.

Brutal Mustang
12-23-2013, 01:18 AM
I sculpt and paint polymer clay cats (and sometimes dolls, but I don't get as much per hour on dolls).

http://www.brutalsun.com/images/catsculptures.jpg

Except, this isn't just a hobby. This is what I do for a living.

benbradley
12-23-2013, 01:49 AM
Okay, heart dissection makes me feel normal, and I can post this...

I collect these little boxes with buttons and little red lights on them:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i274/yetanotherboardie/Tronica_99_calculator_zps8a5bfe93.jpg (http://s74.photobucket.com/user/yetanotherboardie/media/Tronica_99_calculator_zps8a5bfe93.jpg.html)
Does anyone know anything about a Tronica 99? I googled researched earlier this year, and it seems Tronica was a maker of popular hand-held games, but there's almost nothing about their calculators. This one's very unusual as it's RPN, but not an HP.

I also have an original, working Mattel Electronics Football game, though I'm not much of a game player.

Caitlin Black
12-23-2013, 01:59 AM
That's awesome. I never would've thought of collecting calculators!

Rotes
12-23-2013, 02:34 AM
Rotes, those pictures (first thing in the morning, hello) plus the quotes in your signature have me slightly concerned...

(Honestly, though, now THAT is a strangely fascinating hobby! Can you tell us more about it, like how and why?)
I'm sort of an oggie boogie, but I am harmless.
I buy pig hearts from the Ranch 99 Market. I enjoy the dissections because until you personally see a heart in three dimensions, you cannot understand the mechanics properly.
They're also just pretty to look at, like all those lovely gentlemen I have locked away in my basement.
How often do gentlemen need to eat? :D

Collecting calculators is pretty cool. It looks like you have some rather old ones. You essentially have the WALL-E graveyard.

frimble3
12-23-2013, 09:21 AM
A hobby I have always wanted to try and never done: dollhouse accessory design. It's just always seemed so interesting to make small-scale furniture and food and things, but I've never really looked into the required skills and tools.

A hobby I used to have, and still dabble in. Really, the skills and tools depend on what you want to do, and what you already have/can do. If you already make something, make it smaller. Then smaller again. One inch=one foot is the standard miniature scale, for most dollhouses (there are some other sizes, and Barbie dolls are twice that size)
I dabble in miniatures, write (unlike most here, purely as a hobby) crochet, sew doll clothes and put together wooden model kits.
I used to customise model horses and paint a little, and I've tried a lot of things. I'll try almost anything, once.

BardSkye
12-23-2013, 11:01 AM
Another barbershop singer here, though it's more an obsession than a hobby. I also sew things like purses or costumes, embroider my own designs, read, and bake. I collect fans (the hand type), dragons and horses.

DeadCities
12-23-2013, 12:45 PM
@Rotes:

Reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoA63WunEJ0

Chris_tine
12-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Back in Secondary School I used to be quite the hardcore anime fan. I used to spend my free time with a couple of friends as "raras" as me singing in Japanese, even memorizing the lyrics, drawing and reading manga. Going out? Not if it wasn't to the comic store. Drinking? We did not want to hear about alcohol and parties. We would also go every year to the Barcelona Manga convention all dressed up in costumes that our poor and devoted mothers made for us. (Yes, I still have most of them neatly folded in a suitcase)

Nowadays I still like to watch some anime and read some manga every now and then but rarely spend money on it. I watch the films on the internet and maybe borrow the comics at the library. When I look up at my bookshelves and realize the amount of money I spent over the years in manga it feels kind of surreal.

I still like to draw but I have definitely lost the edge of it. It feels like going up a steep hill every time I sat down and look at the blank sheet of paper, pencil in had. I am strangely ashamed of the fact that I could draw hundred times better ten years ago than now.

Yeshanu
12-24-2013, 07:47 AM
I like maintaining fish tanks. (though I haven't done it in awhile)

I'm trying to not look at my poor fish as I type this...

Transformers, Star Wars, Lord of Rings are more than hobbies for me and they don't make me nerdy, they're what make me cool. :)

I knew I liked you for a reason. :tongue

Nerdy hobbies?

Um, all of them? I've never not been a nerd, so I wouldn't know a normal hobby if it jumped up and bit me on the nose.

Right now, other than writing (which is pretty nerdy in and of itself), I'm reading a bunch of nerdy non-fiction books, knitting a Dr. Who scarf, computer gaming, ignoring my algae-ridden fish tanks, and not practicing my viola for the concert we're playing in February.

The repetoire of said concert? Also Sprach Zarathustra, the Star Wars suite, and Holst's The Planets.

Go Nerds! :D

DLacy
12-25-2013, 07:37 AM
When I look up at my bookshelves and realize the amount of money I spent over the years in manga it feels kind of surreal.

I still like to draw but I have definitely lost the edge of it. It feels like going up a steep hill every time I sat down and look at the blank sheet of paper, pencil in had. I am strangely ashamed of the fact that I could draw hundred times better ten years ago than now.

This is so very much me. And you never can get the money back, even if you sell the manga and anime on Ebay (which I'm trying to do right now). Not to mention all those feverish buys at conventions when I just had to have a katana or a collector's set of some anime I only watched once. *sigh* The library all the way.

As for drawing better years ago, I've gone through that. I think I took more risks and had more fun in my work when I was younger because I wasn't trying to make it perfect. I need to tap into that feeling again. I'd say make it fun and just keep doing it. I hate feeling rusty.

RedWombat
12-25-2013, 07:57 PM
BrutalMustang, those are gorgeous!

I make art dolls now and again...really need to get into the studio and put a tail on this velociraptor in a wedding dress...

Blinkk
12-25-2013, 10:15 PM
I can't get my hands off guitars which is cool, because I play lead guitar in a touring rock band. I'm also a lady, which is double cool because there's not that many chicks playing lead guitar. I'm also a pro at alto sax. I'm also a musician for a living, so none of this counts as a weird hobby. xD

Okay, my real weird hobbies go like this: I have a nice set up backyard for throwing knives. That's something I enjoy doing when I'm stressed out.

I'm also a terrible artist, but for some reason I can draw horses really well. I honestly can't draw anything else. People come out horrible, and scenery comes out disastrous, but horses are my little friends.

My honey is also Cherokee, so we have animal totems in our house. If we find a dead animal, we give it a tobacco blessing, then ask it if it wants to come home with us. If it does, we collect it and preserve wings/talons/antlers/bones/feathers/anything salvageable. Normally this is very illegal, but it falls under the religious category for us.

I feel weird posting about that...

Siri Kirpal
12-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Don't feel weird about it, Blinkk. It's a rather beautiful thing you shared.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Kyra Wright
12-26-2013, 03:53 AM
I love video games and anime.

Digging a bit further in, I'm obsessed with Gothic Lolita fashion. I love putting together GL coordinates. I also make chainmail jewelry. My goal is to be able to make dragon scale jewelry within the next year. My most nerdy hobby is editing anime music videos. I'm not very fast, so it generally takes me several weeks (or months, in many cases) to complete a single video.

oogling asian ball-jointed dolls

I'm quite jealous of all my fellow Gothic Lolita enthusiasts who have BJDs with matching outfits. When I'm able to afford it, it's a hobby I want to get into.

Caitlin Black
12-26-2013, 04:28 AM
Not sure if you know, but there's a song called "Gothic Lolita" by Emilie Autumn. It's quite dark, and might not be to your tastes, but I just thought I'd mention it. :)

spamwarrior
12-26-2013, 06:45 AM
I collect dolls/figurines of Chewbacca

Kyra Wright
12-26-2013, 07:20 AM
Not sure if you know, but there's a song called "Gothic Lolita" by Emilie Autumn. It's quite dark, and might not be to your tastes, but I just thought I'd mention it. :)

I have it on my ipod (along with many more of Ms. Autumn's songs). :)

Brutal Mustang
12-26-2013, 08:04 AM

I make art dolls now and again...really need to get into the studio and put a tail on this velociraptor in a wedding dress...

Thank you so much. I wished I made more money off art dolls (so I could afford to make more). What I've found is not everyone necessarily likes dolls, but just about everyone likes kitties. Therefore cat figurines have become my bread and butter. Here is my latest one. Finished him today. He's three inches tall.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/359/b/2/indiana_jones_cat_sculpture_by_brutalsunstudio-d6zdqh5.jpg

Yeshanu
12-26-2013, 10:15 PM
Oh, my. I can see why Indianna Kitty would contribute to your bottom line. Must check and see if you have any LotR kitties... :D

Filigree
12-26-2013, 10:25 PM
Awesome work, Brutal Mustang, esp. in miniature. The detail is incredible!

Nerdy hobbies, hmmm? That's nearly everything I do, I'm afraid. Silver jewelry, beadwork jewelry, costume design (theatrical, couture, and cosplay), embroidery, bookmaking, leatherworking, woodcarving. I listen to jazz, blues, classic guitar, and prog rock bands that are just now being rediscovered by hipsters.

By far my worst nerdy hobby is worldbuilding. Because nothing apparently makes an agent or editor run far, far away faster than a writer admitting, "Oh, yeah, and I've been working on this one universe and big story arc for about three decades, just for fun..."

It's a wonder I've been published at all.

Brutal Mustang
12-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Thanks, Yeshanu. LOTR cats? Hummm.

Awesome work, Brutal Mustang, esp. in miniature. The detail is incredible!

Thanks, and ditto on the world building. I can go overkill there too.

zenjenn
12-27-2013, 01:19 AM
Uhm, besides reading and writing science fiction and fantasy?

I also play all kinds of nerdy games (Settlers of Catan, video games, D&D, etc.)

I also enjoy painting and hiking, though I wouldn't consider those hobbies nerdy.

angeluscado
12-27-2013, 03:28 AM
Most of the people I know thing writing is nerdy. I bump it up a bit by writing fanfiction.

I knit, and through that I try to find or create nerdy patterns. I recently finished a reversible toque for my husband with the Rebel Alliance and Empire insignias from Star Wars on one side, and "May The Force Be With You" knitted around the band on the other side. I made a similar toque several years ago with the Transformers symbols on it.

Cella
12-28-2013, 06:17 AM
Uncontrollable coughing fits, evidently...

Eli Hinze
12-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Looking at office supplies. I kid you not. This is what I live for.

DLacy
12-28-2013, 09:32 AM
My most nerdy hobby is editing anime music videos. I'm not very fast, so it generally takes me several weeks (or months, in many cases) to complete a single video.

I'm quite jealous of all my fellow Gothic Lolita enthusiasts who have BJDs with matching outfits. When I'm able to afford it, it's a hobby I want to get into.

I'd love to put together some awesome AMV's too, but it would make me batty, so I get where you're coming from. Those are some fun hobbies you have and scale jewelry is impressive.

I've seen those loli bjds and they are very cute, but the affordability is a factor I struggle with all the time. It's why I still only have the one doll. Saving for another soon, though!

Okay, my real weird hobbies go like this: I have a nice set up backyard for throwing knives. That's something I enjoy doing when I'm stressed out.

My honey is also Cherokee, so we have animal totems in our house. If we find a dead animal, we give it a tobacco blessing, then ask it if it wants to come home with us. If it does, we collect it and preserve wings/talons/antlers/bones/feathers/anything salvageable. Normally this is very illegal, but it falls under the religious category for us.

I feel weird posting about that...

Not weird, COOL! It's so interesting reading what everyone considers odd or nerdy. It was pretty open for interpretation, and I definitely haven't been disappointed. Do you decorate with the animal pieces you collect or just put them somewhere special?

By far my worst nerdy hobby is worldbuilding. Because nothing apparently makes an agent or editor run far, far away faster than a writer admitting, "Oh, yeah, and I've been working on this one universe and big story arc for about three decades, just for fun..."

It's a wonder I've been published at all.

If that's true, I'll have even MORE of a struggle than I already do with being an author/illustrator of YA. Worldbuilder right on top of that and I'm downright unpublishable! *grins* Oh, but it's FUN!

You have some great nerdy hobbies, Filigree.

BrutalMustang really is talented and very savvy with realizing that everyone loves cats.

Also, I know you! *points* I see you all over the place, don't I? Deviantart springs to mind. I also follow you on Twitter.

I get the office supply bug sometimes myself. <.< I get the art supply bug too. *drools*

JadeKnight
12-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Here is an odd hobby: I enjoy doing Algebraic equations for fun and it helps me relax. And I prefer to be called and referred to as geek, no nerd. :foilhat:

Phoebs
12-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Well I'm currently pre-med so I dedicate the majority of my time to being a nerd.

Unfortunately all those science classes knock out a lot of the time I'd rather use for other nerdy things.

Foruming is pretty nerdy... and I love forums. That's partly why I'm here. I also think writing can be a little nerdy, but in the best possible way.

When I was younger I played WoW. 72 rogue WOO. Get at me... haha JK I sucked at pvp.

Phoebs
12-29-2013, 10:54 AM

I totally understand this. The local University Bookstore is one of my favorite places to shop. Did a significant amount of Christmas shopping there...

Filigree
12-30-2013, 11:44 AM
I understand it, too. There is a museum and library archival storage company called Gaylord.com. I can look at their catalogs for hours. Same with Levenger Stationery and Paper Studio catalogs. I'm all grabby hands just thinking about it.